• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

January challenge

Day 7

Calories:
Protein: 146
Water: 60
Vitamins: yes
Movement: none

I did awfully today, way over my self-imposed calorie limit of 1,200. My husband and I had restaurant take-out and I had steak and lobster. Ugh! Tomorrow's another day.
Oh but steak and lobster is super rich in protein, so don’t beat yourself up too much. It’s also important to eat well and we all have days where we go over calories.

Starting my 2 liquid meals and healthy dinner today. I was able to order shakes from Amazon since my store is having supply issues. I'm doing this to reset. Half of the month of January I did good then took a nosedive. Gearing up a day early to wipe the slate clean for February.

Also have an appointment on Thursday with my primary. Lots to discuss and I'm a bit nervous about it. Want to get off my weight gainer Paxil, not that I can blame my problems on it but my cardiologist suggested I try something different for my panic attacks. I feel like this is a good time of year to do it since I don't have to be out and about much. Sometimes the fear of a panic attack is enough to give you one! Fingers crossed.

Day 31
Protein: 80 g
Water: 64 oz
Mindful eating: yes
Bi weekly weigh in: 172.3
Finished the month off strong, I don’t think I’ll participate in next months challenge. As long as I keep up on my protein I’m going to feel good about things.

Day 8

Calories:
Protein: 41
Water: 68
Vitamins: yes
Movement: only at work

I have discovered that it is SO much easier to get my water in on a workday than it is on a weekend day. Monday through Friday I don't even have to think about it. As a teacher, I talk a lot, which makes me naturally thirsty.

Starting my 2 liquid meals and healthy dinner today. I was able to order shakes from Amazon since my store is having supply issues. I'm doing this to reset. Half of the month of January I did good then took a nosedive. Gearing up a day early to wipe the slate clean for February.

Also have an appointment on Thursday with my primary. Lots to discuss and I'm a bit nervous about it. Want to get off my weight gainer Paxil, not that I can blame my problems on it but my cardiologist suggested I try something different for my panic attacks. I feel like this is a good time of year to do it since I don't have to be out and about much. Sometimes the fear of a panic attack is enough to give you one! Fingers crossed.
Judy,

I can sympathize the issue of weight gain prescription. I take several psych medications, and only one is NOT noted for having weight gain side effects. But, they keep me stable, so I continue taking them every day.

Also, for what it's worth, in the past I have taken buspirone (Buspar) for anxiety. It's a non-narcotic medication. I don't remember if it caused weight gain or not.

Of course, I am not a doctor...just passing along my experience.

Kay

Judy,

I can sympathize the issue of weight gain prescription. I take several psych medications, and only one is NOT noted for having weight gain side effects. But, they keep me stable, so I continue taking them every day.

Also, for what it's worth, in the past I have taken buspirone (Buspar) for anxiety. It's a non-narcotic medication. I don't remember if it caused weight gain or not.

Of course, I am not a doctor...just passing along my experience.

Kay
Thanks Kay. I have heard of Buspar. I'm going to do some research on meds either today or tomorrow. I agree, it is better to be kept stable than to worry about the weight gain. If it turns out I need to stay on the Paxil, I am fine with that.

Had a good day yesterday. Protein shake for both breakfast and lunch. Carrots and hummus late afternoon as I didn't think I'd make it until dinner. and then a regular dinner.

I had wanted to follow the same trend today but life got in the way. My husband had eye surgery scheduled for 7:30 this morning and I figured I would have my shake when I returned but he surgery was delayed 3 hours and I was so hungry!!! Wound up going to Dunkin' but at least I didn't have donuts. I had a wake-up wrap (egg, bacon, cheese) for 220 calories and a coffee. Kind of made me feel bad that I didn't just bring my shake with me, but I enjoyed the wrap. Now I am finishing up my lunch protein shake and it is already 3:35 pm so I will probably have no trouble making it to dinner.

Back