• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

January challenge

Day 24

Protein 65
Water 72
Mindful eating mostly
Steps 17,000

Day 25

Protein 76
Water 55
Mindful eating mostly
Steps 22,000 We have a new member who is not happy to be around so many other people today was his first day we went on 4 walks today being outside or in the office with me seems to help him after being with all the other members for about 30min. So he is doing well. Just will take some time. I should get out on some more walks today. and paid for it

Calories: 1,148
Protein: 39 I must go shopping this weekend
for some protein-rich food!
Water: 72
Vitamins: yes
Movement: only at work, again

I have trouble remembering my vitamins so I thought I'd make this a category.
For what it's worth, I have a notebook to track my daily bottles of water (time started drinking so it doesn't overlap my meal times). I write down each vitamin, supplement, med, & time I took it. I try to put 15-20 min between each (advice from my bariatric team). I take my 2 calcium citrates in the a.m. and later evening, and my multivitamin and every other day iron supplement midday to avoid calcium absorption interfered by the iron. Lastly I try to track meals & times, with protein amounts. Maybe tracking will help you remember. Good luck.

Karen,

I agree, tracking makes it so much easier. I am not much for "writing" everything down but if i can do it on my phone I am down. Only problem for me is that I work in a "secured" building with super high cyber security regulations and our cell phones have to be locked up when we enter the building. Therefore, I do not have access to my phone throughout the day to have reminders or enter things "real time". I usually enter my breakfast and lunch the might before ( I mean prep so I always know what I am eating) and then dinners at home. Water, I just keep track of on a sticky note at my desk and then enter is later.

Karen,

I agree, tracking makes it so much easier. I am not much for "writing" everything down but if i can do it on my phone I am down. Only problem for me is that I work in a "secured" building with super high cyber security regulations and our cell phones have to be locked up when we enter the building. Therefore, I do not have access to my phone throughout the day to have reminders or enter things "real time". I usually enter my breakfast and lunch the might before ( I mean prep so I always know what I am eating) and then dinners at home. Water, I just keep track of on a sticky note at my desk and then enter is later.
Just 1 more thought. Put the vitamins & meds, and the times you are supposed to take them across the top of the page. Put each date on the left margin & make columns down the page. Then all you have to do is check off each time you take a pill. This could be done fairly discretely at work, and you only have to write up the columns every couple of weeks in your notebook. Easy peasy. Hope that helps. ;):)

For what it's worth, I have a notebook to track my daily bottles of water (time started drinking so it doesn't overlap my meal times). I write down each vitamin, supplement, med, & time I took it. I try to put 15-20 min between each (advice from my bariatric team). I take my 2 calcium citrates in the a.m. and later evening, and my multivitamin and every other day iron supplement midday to avoid calcium absorption interfered by the iron. Lastly I try to track meals & times, with protein amounts. Maybe tracking will help you remember. Good luck.
Thank you, Karen. Writing down everything I ingest is a great idea. I've been using My Fitness Pal to track. I recently started tracking my vitamins on it, too. I need to get in a habit of taking my calcium when I get home from work. I also want to buy an iron supplement to take in the morning with my multivitamin. I already take extra D because my bloodwork showed I was low. Man, it's like a full-time job keeping track of all rhis!

Thank you, Karen. Writing down everything I ingest is a great idea. I've been using My Fitness Pal to track. I recently started tracking my vitamins on it, too. I need to get in a habit of taking my calcium when I get home from work. I also want to buy an iron supplement to take in the morning with my multivitamin. I already take extra D because my bloodwork showed I was low. Man, it's like a full-time job keeping track of all rhis!
It def is like a full-time job. Please check with your doctor about the iron supplement. I take a prescription ferrous sulfate 325 mg every other day with Vit C. You can only absorb about 5-600 mg of calcium at a time, and iron either as a supplement or as part of a multivitamin interferes with your calcium absorption. I take 600 mg Calcium Citrate in the morning & evening, and my multivitamin & iron mid-afternoon, at least 4 hrs apart from the calcium. I could never keep track of water, pills, food/protein levels w/o my trusty notebook.

Day 26

Protein 70
Water 80
Mindful eating Yes
Steps 23,000 almost 24,000 Another day when I am paid to take walks. LOVE IT. We even got to take another member for one of the walks!! I feel he is going to fit in so well when he get used to us all. (the things that make me the most happy)

Day 29
Protein
: 90 g
Water: 55 oz
Mindful eating: yes
Since getting better about my protein intake my hair is falling out so much less, so that’s been a very positive thing for me in this January challenge
I have lost close to half my hair since surgery 11 months ago. Good thing I had a lot of hair. I take 10,000 mg biotin at night daily since before surgery. Waiting for the day it gets to feeling thicker. All my scrunches feel loose. Small price to pay overall

Back