• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

June 3rd surgery date

Mamafirny

I start my liquid diet today. I can't believe I am actually beginning the preparations for my surgery, it seems so surreal. I am not nervous about my surgery but for what will come after. I keep hearing about all the bad things people experience. I just hope it's not as bad as some people say and it is just mind over matter. I am sure I will have my good days and my bad days but some of these stories I hear are just awful. I am glad I found this forum and people in my community to ask questions of, it really helps. I just hope I can get through these 9 days without too much trouble.

Good luck on your up coming surgery. I haven't really heard a lot of bad experiences from other people and I try not to. I want to make sure my experience is mine and no one else's, in case I get influenced by someones comments or problems. But from my support group meetings and being on these boards I have only heard good things. Hope the pre-op diet isn't too harsh.

I start my liquid diet today. I can't believe I am actually beginning the preparations for my surgery, it seems so surreal. I am not nervous about my surgery but for what will come after. I keep hearing about all the bad things people experience. I just hope it's not as bad as some people say and it is just mind over matter. I am sure I will have my good days and my bad days but some of these stories I hear are just awful. I am glad I found this forum and people in my community to ask questions of, it really helps. I just hope I can get through these 9 days without too much trouble.

You will do great! For me surgery was much easier and less painful than I had heard. It was a very positive experience. The liquid diet was hard but you will get used to it.

Good luck!!!

Cheyenne :cool:

I had my surgery on April 28th. No problems so far. Accept food taste different. I had my surgeon put in a g-tube so All my protein and a fair amount of water go down my g-tube. I'm so glad I asked for a g-tube. Good Luck.

I had my surgery on April 28th. No problems so far. Accept food taste different. I had my surgeon put in a g-tube so All my protein and a fair amount of water go down my g-tube. I'm so glad I asked for a g-tube. Good Luck.

What's this g-tube? Why did you ask for it?

I can't believe my surgery is tomorrow!! Thank you all for your tips. I am off from work until June 30 so I should gave plenty of time for recovery and to get my walking in.

Good luck and congratulations. I'm so happy and excited for you. Keep us posted and take care.
Good luck and best wishes,
Kt

You will be fine you right is mind over matter I just have my surgery May 2nd it was better than what I was expected but you have to get up and walk when the nurse told you and follow all your surgeon order and you be fine, you will get use to the liquid diet think of how good you will feel about your new lifestyle.

I am 3 days out and things are going great. I made it through surgery fine and am still experiencing some
Pain. I am trying to walk around and
Move as much as possible. Eating yogurt and jello
Like a champ and drinking water.

I am very pleased with how things have gone.

I am 3 days out and things are going great. I made it through surgery fine and am still experiencing some
Pain. I am trying to walk around and
Move as much as possible. Eating yogurt and jello
Like a champ and drinking water.

I am very pleased with how things have gone.

So glad you are doing great! Keep up the good work!!!

Cheyenne :cool:

Back