• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Just found this site

Hi everyone. I had gastric bypass on January 17 2012 and have lost 115 pounds. My goal was 105 lbs so am trying to stop the weight loss. In July I started having gall bladder issues and my surgeon decided to not mess with it and just took it out. I started working out by the time I was 30 days out from the GBS and ran my first 5k in Mar and am finishing the year with a 15k tomorrow. Trying to figure how to stop the weight loss without giving up exercise. I feel like even slowing down could send me back down the road that took me to the surgery in the first place.

I am very excited to have found this site. Know that I will learn a lot.

Hi CdMiller, Welcome. Congratulations on the weight loss:D! My suggestion would be to consult a daititian to figure out how many calories you are burning a day to have your current meal plan meet your needs, you should be able to find a nice balanced healthy meal plan that works for you, you may have to eat up to 6 times a day (small meals) to be able to get what you need, I have been doing that since the bigining, my biggest problem is the transition from summer to winter when I am not burning the as many calories:rolleyes: Keep up the good work. :cool: Tom

Congratulations on your weight loss! So glad to see you here. I'll bet you never thought you'd say, "I'm too thin!"

Cdmiller-welcome to the forum and congratulations on your weight loss :)

I can't wait to be in your shoes :) :) :)

Hi cdMiller! Welcome!! I'm relatively new to the site too and just beginning my journey! I'm very excited and inspired by your success! One of my long term goals was to be able to run a 5K within 2 years but I think maybe I can challenge myself and make that a short term goal after reading your intro. That's fabulous!!! Like Pat99, I can't wait to be in your shoes! =)
Congrats and welcome again!
Brandy

Back