• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Less than a week

Kdrivera

So I have been post-op now for four days. I have to say that it has been a rough 4 days and I am hoping it gets better. My energy level is really low and when I do try and do things I get weak and tired really fast. Also I get this bloaty gassy feeling in my stomach and it hurts. Anybody know why? I mean overall I suppose I am doing well for only 4 days post-op. Any suggestions? Will it get better? Thanks.

oh my it will get better. In a matter of weeks you will feel energy that is very new. Also the tired feeling will go away as you are able to get the protein and water intake in.
Good luck

Welcome to the board and congratulations on your surgery. At four days out, you are still recovering from the anesthesia, so your energy levels will be low and you'll tire easily. This does go away, usually a week or two after surgery. Keep walking, sipping and getting in your protein, it's important. It helps with healing, weight loss and energy levels. Just relax, I promise it does get better.

Frank

:cool:

I am also 4 days post op RNY. Feel good except for the gas. Builds up in my chest sometimes.
Sipping all day. Looking forward to the future but anxious to feel better.

So I have been post-op now for four days. I have to say that it has been a rough 4 days and I am hoping it gets better. My energy level is really low and when I do try and do things I get weak and tired really fast. Also I get this bloaty gassy feeling in my stomach and it hurts. Anybody know why? I mean overall I suppose I am doing well for only 4 days post-op. Any suggestions? Will it get better? Thanks.

WELCOME to the forum!!! Four days post surgery, you should be mainly resting. Yes do walk but don't tire yourself out and build up your stamina a little every day. Your body had a major operation and it needs to recover. Eat your protein, drink your liquids and rest. :)

I am not 1 week post op. I feel extremely better then from what I was a few days ago. I too look forward to the future so much and just wanna heal completely because I wanna start exercising lol. I wanna get out there and run marathons, I know one step at a time. But it feels wonderful to be able to know that I am getting my life back :)

Gas is an issue; especially during the first couple of weeks. That is why my surgeon wanted me to walk in my early stages. Walking helps get the gas out. I had gas trapped up in my shoulder blades; boy was that uncomfortable.

It does get better. However, you will always be dealing with gas in the early go. Treat yourself like a new born baby when they take their bottle. Have a couple of sips and remember to drink slowly. Remember the guidelines you were given in the hospital like an ounce every 15 minutes and sip the ounce of water. Then stop and burp. Get the gas out of your stomach so it doesn't get trapped. What happens to that new born that didn't burp enough. They cry! Why. They have gas trapped in their little stomachs. Guess what you now have a little stomach that at max can hold a 1/2 cup of food/liquid.

It does get better. But always remember to burp after a few bites. You know when you need to . You get that funny feeling in your stomach. You will come to recognize it and deal with it much better as time goes on.

I enjoy lunch and dinner with my close friends. They know that I have to burp to continue eating. I do it as discreetly as possible but I do it. If you don't you will be uncomfortable.

Ralph

Wasn't sure if I could, but I'll def try it. THANKS! Anything for hiccups? My husband just had his sleeve done and was released from hospital today. His hiccups are driving him crazy.

Gas X chewables! That is what I use to supplement my prescription omneprazole. I am 4 wks post-op from Gastric Sleeve surgery. Yes it will get better! I confess that in that first week post-op, I asked myself "What was I thinking?" Though my weight loss has not been as fast as I had hoped, I am losing, and I have more energy than I have had in a very long time. Keep the faith, IT WILL GET BETTER!!!:)

Wasn't sure if I could, but I'll def try it. THANKS! Anything for hiccups? My husband just had his sleeve done and was released from hospital today. His hiccups are driving him crazy.
This usually means he has taken something in too quickly. It could be water or protein shakes at this stage. He is healing and it will get better. The first sign that I have had one bite too many is hiccups. Very common with the sleeve. Glad to hear you are starting to feel better. Moving helps a lot.

Back