• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Looking for WLS book for dummies

cutenut68

Does anyone know if there is a copy of the WLS for dummies free down load on internet.I hear everyone talking about this book but right now I can't aford to buy it so I was hoping someone had posted it on line for people like me.and do any of you own and read this book.:confused:

I just want some extra help seens I got left hanging by Dr and programe who paid for my surgery,and there's no local support groups around in my area.

Margaret

I searched the internet, but did not find any free copies. I did find an ebook for the kindle for 10.99. Sorry, that is the best I could find.

Frank

:cool:

Margaret you might check with your local library they usually have books on everything and if you local library doesn't have it they can request it from another.

I had to invent my own. So all you can learn online and from others beat any book. They will help you with everything. here and other places. Diets will be explained by more then one person. Plus you will leave the hospital with what I refer;) to as my WLS Bible. I was just like you and not really sure. Well if you need to have the book its alright but each doctor differs. As do each patient. I will help you if you need anything answered. LOL I feel like I am a walking talking weight loss expert. You will be too. We all learn sometimes we ask and sometimes we call the doctors offiice and talk to a nurse. So, having been there and still walking on my journey for life, it gets easier and pretty much something I do everyday. Hang in there and hope you get your book, but the thing is who wrote that book may not be like you are. Stepping off my soap box now. lol. Best to you.
Hugs,
Angie ;)

Margaret I went to amazon .com today and found the book for .34 and 3.99 s/h. also I love going to the site Theworldaccordingtoeggface.org she had the bariatric surgery I think 6 yr ago she went from a size 28 to a 4 she offers lots of receipes and products that she uses, there are pages of great info. and it's all free. most people on this site will do there best to help you too, with ? receipes and to allow you to vent, I love this room I find help here quite often.
hope you have a good weekend.
Donna (bigtallsis)

I have that book and like the recipes but go to the website Theworldaccordingtoeggface.org great recipes there and advice

Margaret-Sorry to hear there is no bariatric support group in your area. TOPS is another weight loss support group you could go to instead and they're just about everywhere. Here's a link to a website where you can find one near or in your area.
http://www.tops.org/FindAMeeting.aspx

Back