• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Looking forward to a new life

I'm done with all my classes and ready to begin my mission.

Welcome, Tank,

And Congratulations on your decision to have wls and live a healthier and longer life!!!

Which surgery have you decided to have?

Do you have a date yet?

Do you have any personal experience with wls? Friends or family?

Tell us a little about yourself. And your weight loss journey, if you're so inclined.

I'm glad you found your way here. It's a great place for support, either to give it, or receive it, or both. Lots of friendly people and virtual hugs galore!

Tank-Welcome to the forum. Make sure to come back here to let us know how you are doing.

Hey Tank,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on making the choice to have WLS. Please keep us posted on your progress and let us know if you have any questions.

Hi Tank,

Got a date yet? What procedure are you going for? Welcome to the Forum. Keep us posted on your progress. And, Good Luck on your journey.

Joy

Hi Tank,

So happy to hear you're taking the necessary steps for a healthier life! You will feel incredible once the weight begins to come off, and depending on your procedure, some of us lose rapidly, and some lose steadily, and some lose slowly, but in the end, all of us are grateful that these procedures are made available to us and the surgeons, who are performing these procedures are experts in the WLS field. Remember it's like any other addict's journey, one day at a time. Each day you will move forward towards your new and much more improved well-being! Enjoy the journey, celebrate the small victories, and reward yourself with a gift that has nothing to do with food! Journal your progress and your feelings if you have to vent, and when the moment arrives and you're at goal, you can say I'm not where I used to be and it's not the end of my journey, but a stepping stone into the next destination, which is maintanence! That will be our life-long journey. Stay well!

Back