• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Looking over the brink

Joyous1979

Today is my surgery. As I look over the edge to my upcoming new life I'm excited. It means HUGE changes. I'm ready. No turning back. All for a healthier me, a healthier life. Needless to say I didn't sleep well. I'm thinking of everything that needs to go with me, what needs to be done as far as walking as soon as I can, will I recover at home or at a friend's house, etc. Then I think of all the stories I've heard about anaesthesia. I've never had surgery before so I don't know how I'll react. I know that I'll be ok. It's just the unknown I guess. I would appreciate all the prayers I can get. Keep me in your thoughts today as my life changes forever.

I just said a prayer for you and I will continue praying for you throughout the day. God bless you for having the courage to change your life and follow your dreams. C.S. Lewis said, " It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad." You are just now hatching! - Laurie Ann

Today is your rebirth to the new you, the next two months won't be fun but after that you are gonna be so happy you choose this path, big hugs to you and keep you chin up , you got this, good luck today :)

Please keep us posted, my surgery is thursday and i am feeling the same was as you are.. but excited for the new changes, and like everyone says, in the beginning is not easy but totally worth it :)

I am saying a prayer for you as I just read this. I am 4 years post op and have never regretted my decision to have rny.. just wish I'd had it years sooner! I lost 130 lbs. and have kept 100 lbs. off... Yes I just knew I would never have a regain but I did and I am now dealing with it..getting back on track. I pray that you have the feelings of joy that I had when the scale moved further and further into smaller numbers! Oh what joy! This surgery has given me a renewed health...energy and hope for a brighter future. Don't hesitate to ask questions.. Praying that you have a great post op time.

Joyous1979 like the others will be praying for you as you embark on the greatest journey of your life, a new beginning, when you feel better please come back and share your journey. God is with you. Donna(Bigtallsis)

Thank you all for your encouraging words. I am home now. The surgeon was going to release me the next day. But then I ended up with a low grade fever and nausea. I didn't sleep almost at all the night after my surgery. I was on oxygen and it wouldn't work with my cpap machine. So every two minutes the alarm would sound to wake me up and remind me to breathe deep. Then I had numerous visitors. I didn't want to force people out. But when I finally did, I put on my coal machine and SLEPT. It was glorious. Glad I stayed an extra night. I can get up and walk, dress myself, and even shower. I just need to take it slow and sleep when my body tells me. Thank you again for all your thoughts, support, and prayers. MUCH appreciated!

Glad you are home and it sounds like you are doing well. You were wise to stay an extra night. Glad you got some sleep. Keep us posted on how you are doing on the journey. Joy

I am only less than 3 weeks post-surgery and I couldn't be happier with my decision... you will too! It's scary at first, but well worth it. Good luck!

Glad to hear that everything went well and that you are home. As has been said, this is just the start. You will experience some ups and some downs, you will question the decision to have the surgery, but that is all normal. Just keep following the plan laid out for you and you will be a big LOSER. Stay in touch, we care.

Frank

:cool:

Back