• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

March Challenge

KayB

What is a March challenge?

It's an opportunity to jumpstart your program by logging in daily, or even weekly, and recording your progress.

You can focus on calories, protein, water, movement...whatever you like. You do not need to set up your posts the way I do.

Won't you join the March challenge?

Day 1
I am not tracking anything currently. (Yes, I know practice what I preach right? lol) But, with hubby on the liquid diet for the next 4 weeks, I am mostly making and eating soups.
I have started going back to the gym and hope to get some actual exercise at least 4 days a week. So, I will update on that as it happens.

Day 4

Calories:
Protein: 55
Water: 73
Vitamins: yes

Movement: only at work

I met with my gastroenterologist today. He prescribed both ondansetron and omeprazole.

Doc wants a look at my stomach, so he scheduled me for an endoscopy on April 11. Plus bloodwork.

I'm not going to continue with the challenge because I am working on some personal issues I've been struggling with. Making those issues my top priority, one of which was to start walking again... I did that today because the weather was so cooperative!

Anyway, I want to see if my focus is on problem areas that it might help me better overall than just tracking calories, protein, etc. Remember I am well over a year out so needs change and I need to tailor those needs best for me.

I'm not going to continue with the challenge because I am working on some personal issues I've been struggling with. Making those issues my top priority, one of which was to start walking again... I did that today because the weather was so cooperative!

Anyway, I want to see if my focus is on problem areas that it might help me better overall than just tracking calories, protein, etc. Remember I am well over a year out so needs change and I need to tailor those needs best for me.
Judy, I completely understand. I wish you all the best in dealing with those issues. Life is hard at times, isn't it?

Day 8

Calories:
about 1,800
Protein: over 60
Water: over 64

Weekly Weigh-in: 184.6

I have been so busy that I'm just now getting around to posting for yesterday. I ate takeout Chinese for dinner, so I went over my calories.

On the plus side, I have now lost 10 pounds since Jan. 18. I am a slow loser.

Day 8

Calories:
about 1,800
Protein: over 60
Water: over 64

Weekly Weigh-in: 184.6

I have been so busy that I'm just now getting around to posting for yesterday. I ate takeout Chinese for dinner, so I went over my calories.

On the plus side, I have now lost 10 pounds since Jan. 18. I am a slow loser.
Way to go on your weight loss Kay. Taking it off slowly doesn't change the fact that you still are a "loser" extraordinaire!!!

Back