• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

more like a Knight in Tiedyed spandex...

I was thinking I needed more humor in my life and something happened that triggered a hilarious memory.

In 1994 I took a temp job working for a concert security company. It paid pretty well but was only temporary. I lived close to the Gorge Amphitheater, which used to be the Champs de Brionne winery at the Columbia River Gorge near Crescent Bar, around George, Washington. Yes, that's the name of the town. George. And if you go to George, you can stay at the Martha Inn. George at the Gorge staying Inn Martha. Many jokes have been made.

Here's a long shot of the venue, though it doesn't go far enough to show its incredible desolate beauty from the back. If you were on the deck behind the stage, you'd see a gorgeous crescent-curve of the Columbia River that cannot be described. But I hope this is enough to show you how beautiful it is.

That summer I provided security for Lolapalooza, concerts by Green Day, the Beastie Boys, George Clinton, the Breeders, Steely Dan and the Spin Doctors and so many more, I can't list them all. But the summer finale featured the Moody Blues performing Knights in White Satin, a hit that had been rearranged to include an orchestra. At this performance, they invited the local school symphony from Quincy High School which was a real thrill for the kids. The concert began at sundown, a gasp-producing vision.

Of course, I was a huge fan of the band from back in the Sixties when I was in high school. A boy friend of mine had actually written an arrangement for their current hit in the late Sixties, Tuesday Afternoon. It was amazing, precociously genius and a portent of what would happen in the future, as the band added orchestral tracks to their future hits. It was also progressive for our high school, allowing a student to be at the helm of the conductor, an unheard-of occurrence.

So at the Moody Blues concert, I was assigned backstage detail. It was my job to guard their wardrobe, which was huge stand-up trunks of extremely expensive costumes made of velvet and satin, hand-tailored for the band. Each costume was worth thousands of dollars and I got to protect them from looters who might find their way backstage, undetected. It was a joy to be there, especially since I was also right next to their dressing rooms so I had many brushes with these performers I idolized, who had been part of my Sixties experience.

When the concert was over, it was pitch black outside, but the firmament of stars was almost black with glowing stars from every constellation. I had taken astronomy in college so I was identifying them to myself as I waited to be relieved. And the view of the river and the basalt cliffs... all of it was like being in heaven.

Someone came walking over to me. I tried not to look at him, as it was Graeme Edge, the last remaining founding member and I was about to hyperventilate with excitement. The fact that he was wearing only a tight pair of bikini jockey shorts sent me into a whole 'nother level of anxiety. I really had to try not to stare. He came over and put his arm around my shoulders and looked at the sky. He started talking about how clear the sky was and then, leaning in for emphasis and reaching up to point the finger of his left hand at one star after another, he began to identify the constellations and tell me about their mythical origins.

I knew all this stuff since I'd studied the stars for my science elective, but I didn't say a word. I just basked in the surreality of the moment. And I was flummoxed by his choice of wardrobe. Like most of the band, he just shucked off his clothes in the dressing room after performing on this 90 degree night. He had no sense of being overexposed and just couldn't have been more normal.

Eventually I was called away and went home, but that's a crazy experience I'll never forget.

Anyone else have a weird celebrity sighting or experience? Or a good joke? I'd love to hear it.

Last edited:
I was thinking I needed more humor in my life and something happened that triggered a hilarious memory.

In 1994 I took a temp job working for a concert security company. It paid pretty well but was only temporary. I lived close to the Gorge Amphitheater, which used to be the Champs de Brionne winery at the Columbia River Gorge near Crescent Bar, around George, Washington. Yes, that's the name of the town. George. And if you go to George, you can stay at the Martha Inn. George at the Gorge staying Inn Martha. Many jokes have been made.

Here's a long shot of the venue, though it doesn't go far enough to show its incredible desolate beauty from the back. If you were on the deck behind the stage, you'd see a gorgeous crescent-curve of the Columbia River that cannot be described. But I hope this is enough to show you how beautiful it is.
View attachment 2272
That summer I provided security for Lolapalooza, concerts by Green Day, the Beastie Boys, George Clinton, the Breeders, Steely Dan and the Spin Doctors and so many more, I can't list them all. But the summer finale featured the Moody Blues performing Knights in White Satin, a hit that had been rearranged to include an orchestra. At this performance, they invited the local school symphony from Quincy High School which was a real thrill for the kids. The concert began at sundown, a gasp-producing vision.

Of course, I was a huge fan of the band from back in the Sixties when I was in high school. A boy friend of mine had actually written an arrangement for their current hit in the late Sixties, Tuesday Afternoon. It was amazing, precociously genius and a portent of what would happen in the future, as the band added orchestral tracks to their future hits. It was also progressive for our high school, allowing a student to be at the helm of the conductor, an unheard-of occurrence.

So at the Moody Blues concert, I was assigned backstage detail. It was my job to guard their wardrobe, which was huge stand-up trunks of extremely expensive costumes made of velvet and satin, hand-tailored for the band. Each costume was worth thousands of dollars and I got to protect them from looters who might find their way backstage, undetected. It was a joy to be there, especially since I was also right next to their dressing rooms so I had many brushes with these performers I idolized, who had been part of my Sixties experience.

When the concert was over, it was pitch black outside, but the firmament of stars was almost black with glowing stars from every constellation. I had taken astronomy in college so I was identifying them to myself as I waited to be relieved. And the view of the river and the basalt cliffs... all of it was like being in heaven.

Someone came walking over to me. I tried not to look at him, as it was Graeme Edge, the last remaining founding member and I was about to hyperventilate with excitement. The fact that he was wearing only a tight pair of bikini jockey shorts sent me into a whole 'nother level of anxiety. I really had to try not to stare. He came over and put his arm around my shoulders and looked at the sky. He started talking about how clear the sky was and then, leaning in for emphasis and reaching up to point the finger of his left hand at one star after another, he began to identify the constellations and tell me about their mythical origins.

I knew all this stuff since I'd studied the stars for my science elective, but I didn't say a word. I just basked in the surreality of the moment. And I was flummoxed by his choice of wardrobe. Like most of the band, he just shucked off his clothes in the dressing room after performing on this 90 degree night. He had no sense of being overexposed and just couldn't have been more normal.

Eventually I was called away and went home, but that's a crazy experience I'll never forget.

Anyone else have a weird celebrity sighting or experience? Or a good joke? I'd love to hear it.
Awe now you’re talking ! When I was around 16 or17 my older brother lived right behind The Jefferson Airplane house .One summer I got to visit and we went to the house and I got to meet them plus Janis Joplin,David Crosby who was an ass and Warren Beatty of all people .I got to see the Airplane rehearsal f volunteers album.Ok switch to the late seventies I hung out at the Whiskey A Go Go and Gazarries and I met Joan Jett and became friends I also got drunk with Rod Stewart and Alice Cooper at the Whiskey. I guess the funniest thing that happened was when I was drunk one time Madonna was in this band called The Breakfast Club well after the show in the parking lot I kept asking her out and she said she would go out with me if I wasn’t drunk.Well I never saw her again and she became a super star. Oh yeah I played drums for The Germs for a week.

Woohoo! That is quite the resume. I knew you had some kind of shoulder brushing going on in the Los Angeles area and I assumed it was related to film but we're talkin San Francisco and Palo Alto or something like that, before Ken Kesey had the Magic Bus or any Pranksters.

I lived in LA for a few years while I went to Art School. I had a lot of brushes with celebrities, and a lot of weird celebrities like Van Dyke Parks who was hanging around with Harry Nilsson and was apparently present when Nilsson died. Also saw Genesis with Phil Collins drumming for the first time at the Whisky, and Asleep at the Wheel before anyone knew who they were at the Palomino in the valley.

But the greatest musical gift I received while I was in LA was seeing Gentle Giant live and really, nobody knew about them then and barely know about them now. I have all their albums.

I just realized I have a lot more stories but I'm going to and here and maybe you'll tell us some more. Did you have anything to do with the film industry?

Oh, and do you know what they call that guy who's always hanging around with the band?

The drummer.

Woohoo! That is quite the resume. I knew you had some kind of shoulder brushing going on in the Los Angeles area and I assumed it was related to film but we're talkin San Francisco and Palo Alto or something like that, before Ken Kesey had the Magic Bus or any Pranksters.

I lived in LA for a few years while I went to Art School. I had a lot of brushes with celebrities, and a lot of weird celebrities like Van Dyke Parks who was hanging around with Harry Nilsson and was apparently present when Nilsson died. Also saw Genesis with Phil Collins drumming for the first time at the Whisky, and Asleep at the Wheel before anyone knew who they were at the Palomino in the valley.

But the greatest musical gift I received while I was in LA was seeing Gentle Giant live and really, nobody knew about them then and barely know about them now. I have all their albums.

I just realized I have a lot more stories but I'm going to and here and maybe you'll tell us some more. Did you have anything to do with the film industry?

Oh, and do you know what they call that guy who's always hanging around with the band?

The drummer.
Ha ha yea I am a drummer they’re getting kind of dusty right now I haven’t played in a while and I do know some one who creates faces for horror movies and also designs dvd covers for celebrities the only one I can think of now is the ventriloquist Jeff Dunham he also knows people that do series that I know fro him . I hung out at Sunset Strip when I was around 18 so I met a lot of stars I didn’t mention I was one of the first Hippies that were there then later a punk rocker. I have lots of stories too mostly about The Runaways
I was a big Ramones fan and was lucky to get to know Markey Ramone pretty good since we both played drums and got into a lot of free concerts because of him
Lots of stories but I’ll stop here. Sounds like you had a great time too!

Bill, how old are you? The Summer of Love that gave birth to the hippies was in 1967. You'd have to be in your 70s to be one of the first.

In 1968 I visited LA for the first time, staying in Burbank with my oldest sister's in-laws. My little sister and I were there to help take care of the two kids, one of whom was an infant. At that house, I got my first French kiss and my first toke.

The boy in question was my brother-in-law's younger brother. He loved restoring cars and had a cherry Oldsmobile sedan with that grille that looked like a huge mouthful of chrome teeth.

We took that car down to LA and cruised the Strip, like everyone did in those days. We stopped at a traffic light and looked over at the car in the right lane, and it was being driven by John Astin! So we revved our motor, signalling a drag challenge, & he revved his, and when the light turned green, we pealed out, but he just faked us out, sitting back there at the intersection waving us goodbye.

And it may have been that night that we went up to Griffith Park, where all the other hippies were, all parked covered-wagon style around the big lawn. And from every stereo came this new music we'd never heard of.... "Come on baby, light my fire..." on and on and on again. When I returned home to Washington, I was talking about the Doors to everyone, but it took months for their music to surface in my small town. Then, everyone was singing light my fire....

Bill, how old are you? The Summer of Love that gave birth to the hippies was in 1967. You'd have to be in your 70s to be one of the first.

In 1968 I visited LA for the first time, staying in Burbank with my oldest sister's in-laws. My little sister and I were there to help take care of the two kids, one of whom was an infant. At that house, I got my first French kiss and my first toke.

The boy in question was my brother-in-law's younger brother. He loved restoring cars and had a cherry Oldsmobile sedan with that grille that looked like a huge mouthful of chrome teeth.

We took that car down to LA and cruised the Strip, like everyone did in those days. We stopped at a traffic light and looked over at the car in the right lane, and it was being driven by John Astin! So we revved our motor, signalling a drag challenge, & he revved his, and when the light turned green, we pealed out, but he just faked us out, sitting back there at the intersection waving us goodbye.

And it may have been that night that we went up to Griffith Park, where all the other hippies were, all parked covered-wagon style around the big lawn. And from every stereo came this new music we'd never heard of.... "Come on baby, light my fire..." on and on and on again. When I returned home to Washington, I was talking about the Doors to everyone, but it took months for their music to surface in my small town. Then, everyone was singing light my fire....
Love that ! I’m 68 years old I began my voyage to becoming a hippie I guess when The Beatles went Psychedelic ( always and will always be a Beatle Fan ) like I said I had a older brother who led n the Haight Ashbury district right behind the Jefferson Airplane house and I was lucky enough to spend a couple of summers there. My brother who died a couple of years ago played in some obscure bands but never made it .But he did a lot of session material for other artists no one famous except for Johnny Rivers I guess. When I wasn’t in Frisco I was hanging out n Hollyweird .Just going to clubs and even restaurants I would meet rock stars and celebrities. At 27 I met my wife and now after 40 years of working at a furniture factory I’m retired and loving it movies movies movies all day when I’m not drawing or painting which I like to do.My wife still works she works from home for the phone system at Kaiser Permanente so if you ever hear a recording it’s her.Shes been one heck of a supporter for my RNY a little too much ( she bought way too many protein shakes and canned soups ) they’re probably gonna last through summer. But she really watches out for me . She doesn’t like movies the way I do but we both like almost the same kinds of music she likes Springsteen ( he’s ok ) Sara McLaughlin I like her she likes some of the heavy metal bands I like too like a Metallica,Gojira not too much of my other bands like Slipknot,Anthrax and some death metal bands. Don’t worry not a satanist I am agnostic though.Thats another story. If I want to see those bands I usually go alone or I fly to Chicago and go with my 40 year old son he likes those bands too .He also likes and grew up on rap with his friends . And yeah I hate rap.Believe it or not though I’m a huge Britney Spears fan for some reason her music got me through some difficult times when I was working cause I hated my job the last 3 or 4 years

I went to CBGB's Punk Rock bar in the late 70's. A carload of people getting an MSW from WVU were on our way to Boston to a conference. We stopped in NYC and stayed in the bowrey with one person's friend. We went to CBGB's. I was not a great music fan then, knew nothing re rock or punk rock. It was an experience that I only later realized gave me "bragging rights." haha

Stevie Wonder pretty cool and meeting Mike Tyson not bad for a first concert. My first concert was The Beatles at Dodger Stadium. All I can remember is the screams over the music.But hey it was The Beatles I didn’t care I think I was about 12 at the time . I still have my ticket 6$ . Yeah 6$ to see The Beatles crazy huh!

Stevie Wonder pretty cool and meeting Mike Tyson not bad for a first concert. My first concert was The Beatles at Dodger Stadium. All I can remember is the screams over the music.But hey it was The Beatles I didn’t care I think I was about 12 at the time . I still have my ticket 6$ . Yeah 6$ to see The Beatles crazy huh!
Wow, the Beatles for $6??? Insane! That's a really cool first concert!

I spent my teen years in a hick-town in the 1960s and I remember that the Dave Clark Five came to play the roller rink. They were desperate, being so darkened by the Beatles shadow, they would play Anywhere. And near this town I lived in there's a place called The Union Gap. That's where Paul Revere and the Raiders are from so they played a lot of little gigs in my town. And one day in 1994 oh, I was at my favorite pizza place, which was a place where a couple from New Jersey were making New Jersey style pizzas. This guy came in and he was just all dress as if you were in a costume. He had all sorts of electronic devices that's where Paul Revere in the Raiders are from so they played a lot of little gigs in my town. And one day in 1994, I was at my favorite pizza place, which was a place where a couple from New Jersey we're making New Jersey style pizzas. This guy came in and he was just all dress as if he were in a costume. He had all sorts of electronic vices hanging from his belt and in the process of chatting with him, I found out he had stopped in on an errand for Sade who was playing The Gorge Amphitheater two nights in a row.

And the hits just keep on coming. There are only a few so-called celebrities that I really really seriously would like to meet. One of them is David Letterman and the other is Christian Bale. But I also hope I never meet them because that would indicate that their privacy was being violated by me. I like the fact that they just exist like normal people with families and things to do and the hits just keep on coming.

In Los Angeles I went to a Yes concert. I sort of thought this was a place where a lot of wonderful people would be gathered. But I was wrong. People were flicking peanut shells and cigarette butts and rocks and spitting down on the rows beneath them.

When the concert was over we got up with the crowd and started heading for the exits but you could only get to the exits by elevator escalator. I think I was about halfway down when I realized people were running back up. There was a mad panic at the bottom because the crowd was being fed into a larger crowd were there was no room even to shrug your shoulders, let alone walk out. when the concert was over we got up with the crowd and started heading for the exits but you could only get to the exits by elevator escalator. I think I was about halfway down when I realized people were running back up. there was a mad Panic at the bottom because the crowd was being fed into a larger crowd where there was no room even to shrug your shoulders, let alone walk out. A couple of big bands have had the same experience that resulted in the death of a few fans. That night we were in the Colosseum which was at maximum capacity, holding about 60,000 people. We were all lucky to get out of that place alive. I was invited by a friend to go to a dive bar in Pasadena or Eagle Rock where Steely Dan was debuting new material.I was invited by a friend to go to a dive bar in Pasadena or Eagle Rock where Steely Dan was debuting material, trying out various Studio musicians in front of an audience

A woman I knew at Art School was also married to a movie producer and she lived in this beautiful house with screened-in porches and plants hanging everywhere oh, only the most beautiful furniture and tapestries in the heart. I didn't try to get into the movies on her back oh, but she did take me to the Hollywood Bowl in the middle of the day, no other people sitting in where she and I drank a bottle of wine and ate roast chicken and cheese.
During that time when I was so young I didn't even make notes of celebrity sightings 't, even when I saw George Hamilton's wife standing in the unemployment line with me. One time when Gretchen took me to the Hollywood Bowl for an afternoon, I became aware of the fact that I wasn't really impressed by celebrities, especially movie stars. Virtually everyone I met was even either successful in the movies or as writers or activists, including Jane Fonda and Tom Hayden, who came 2 give an address to a group of us who were fighting the Vietnam War. Afterward I shook her hand and I remember noticing how long her fingers were. virtually everyone I met was even either successful in the movies or as writers or activist, including Jane Fonda and Tom Hayden, who came to give an address to a group of us who were fighting the for the rights of farmworkers and for the right of women.

Afterward I took her hand and I remembered noticing how long her fingers were. They were like mine but a third or or maybe even 50% longer. It was an absolute Freak Show.

I think I have had thousands of celebrity encounters but very few of them excited me. Not because they weren't worth getting excited about. I just felt unable to take in all the information while I was meeting them.

Now, in a way, I am a celebrity. I happen to be an expert in one field, 20th century literature with a focus on the writer Jack Kerouac. I know every single thing about him and I have read all his books several times. I always buy multiple copies so I can lend them out to people because I rarely get them back. No, in the way, I am a celebrity. I happen to be an expert in one field, 20th century literature with a focus on the writer , Jack Kerouac I know every single thing about him and I have read all his book several times. I always buy multiple copies so I can lend them out to people because I rarely get them back. Most of my books inscribed by the survivors the major actors of the situation. Unfortunately, what was going to be my claim to fame ended up and enpraging a Kerouac biographer because I exposed him as a fraud and published my findings. He sued me in the 9th Circuit Court and in the pawn shop sign his own name in 19 months the case was dismissed and he was required to pay my legal expenses. But I remember unfortunately, what was going to be my claim to fame ended up and raging a crack biography because I expose him as a fraud and published my findings. He sued me in the 9th Circuit Court and within 19 months the case was dismissed and he was required to pay my legal expenses. but I remember, he was all about being famous. He wanted to be the one who knew about Jack and he even seem to have a an actual belief that he had add Kerouac reborn in him after he died in 1969. He never took one step out onto the sidewalk to join in a group of protesters or anything. He was a big fake who had hyped himself up into a frenzy and even though his books actual beliefs that he had head Cara whack reborn in him after he died in 1969. He never took one stuff out onto the sidewalk to join in the group of protesters or anything. He was a big fake who had hyped himself up into a frenzy and even though his book were taking us circulation Andrew cunanan, he still insisted his book about Jack was the definitive work and the most important of all the biographies you. And he completely tried to destroy me. I had been a Stringer for national public radio for a few years and had pitched the story of this man and the Kerouac estate, he still insisted his book about Jack was the definitive work and the most important of all biography. and he completely tried to destroy me. I had been a Stringer for National Public Radio for a few years and had picked the story of this man and the Carolina State with 5 minutes of actualities to boot.

He was so scary to everyone that he when he intervened interfered in my upcoming National radio story, he found my editor and completely slandered me, telling lies about me so that regardless of what she believed oh, she knew that she could not do my story he was so scary to everyone that he went he intervened interfere in my upcoming national radio story, he found my editor and completely slander me, telling lies about me so that regardless of what she believed, she knew that she could not do my story because that insane person would ruin everything for her and her life New York City as punishment for allowing someone to speak the truth. He has that effect on everyone. I don't know how he functions but he seems to have a great facility and reaping doubts and lies. would have come out after her
Sorry for the taipings anti pose. I just cannot go back over and fix all the errors in my post. But I will have to save my encounter with Green Day for another time.

Man and I thought I was cool because I got to play catch with Mark and Donnie Wahlberg. I met a couple of bands y’all wouldn’t know because there all Warped Tour bands. Ugh I was into New Kids on the block, obviously as you can tell since I met Mark and Donnie I met all of them. I met Kane Brown if any of you are Country fans. Met Alice Cooper with my mom because she absolutely loves him and he was so sweet to her! God I can’t remember the ones from when I was younger, I really wish I could because my uncle took me to see some of his favorite bands. I haven’t been to bed yet, so I can’t think at all really. It’s 6:30 almost and I think hubby is finally getting tired thank God! If I can remember anyone I’ll let you know.

Man and I thought I was cool because I got to play catch with Mark and Donnie Wahlberg. I met a couple of bands y’all wouldn’t know because there all Warped Tour bands. Ugh I was into New Kids on the block, obviously as you can tell since I met Mark and Donnie I met all of them. I met Kane Brown if any of you are Country fans. Met Alice Cooper with my mom because she absolutely loves him and he was so sweet to her! God I can’t remember the ones from when I was younger, I really wish I could because my uncle took me to see some of his favorite bands. I haven’t been to bed yet, so I can’t think at all really. It’s 6:30 almost and I think hubby is finally getting tired thank God! If I can remember anyone I’ll let you know.
LOVED NKOTB & Marky Mark! I'm soooo jealous that you got to play catch with Mark & Donnie. Would sleep out to get front row seats whenever either group came. Definitely a guilty pleasure. ;) I won a meet & greet dinner with LL Cool J back in 1990.

I spent my teen years in a hick-town in the 1960s and I remember that the Dave Clark Five came to play the roller rink. They were desperate, being so darkened by the Beatles shadow, they would play Anywhere. And near this town I lived in there's a place called The Union Gap. That's where Paul Revere and the Raiders are from so they played a lot of little gigs in my town. And one day in 1994 oh, I was at my favorite pizza place, which was a place where a couple from New Jersey were making New Jersey style pizzas. This guy came in and he was just all dress as if you were in a costume. He had all sorts of electronic devices that's where Paul Revere in the Raiders are from so they played a lot of little gigs in my town. And one day in 1994, I was at my favorite pizza place, which was a place where a couple from New Jersey we're making New Jersey style pizzas. This guy came in and he was just all dress as if he were in a costume. He had all sorts of electronic vices hanging from his belt and in the process of chatting with him, I found out he had stopped in on an errand for Sade who was playing The Gorge Amphitheater two nights in a row.

And the hits just keep on coming. There are only a few so-called celebrities that I really really seriously would like to meet. One of them is David Letterman and the other is Christian Bale. But I also hope I never meet them because that would indicate that their privacy was being violated by me. I like the fact that they just exist like normal people with families and things to do and the hits just keep on coming.

In Los Angeles I went to a Yes concert. I sort of thought this was a place where a lot of wonderful people would be gathered. But I was wrong. People were flicking peanut shells and cigarette butts and rocks and spitting down on the rows beneath them.

When the concert was over we got up with the crowd and started heading for the exits but you could only get to the exits by elevator escalator. I think I was about halfway down when I realized people were running back up. There was a mad panic at the bottom because the crowd was being fed into a larger crowd were there was no room even to shrug your shoulders, let alone walk out. when the concert was over we got up with the crowd and started heading for the exits but you could only get to the exits by elevator escalator. I think I was about halfway down when I realized people were running back up. there was a mad Panic at the bottom because the crowd was being fed into a larger crowd where there was no room even to shrug your shoulders, let alone walk out. A couple of big bands have had the same experience that resulted in the death of a few fans. That night we were in the Colosseum which was at maximum capacity, holding about 60,000 people. We were all lucky to get out of that place alive. I was invited by a friend to go to a dive bar in Pasadena or Eagle Rock where Steely Dan was debuting new material.I was invited by a friend to go to a dive bar in Pasadena or Eagle Rock where Steely Dan was debuting material, trying out various Studio musicians in front of an audience

A woman I knew at Art School was also married to a movie producer and she lived in this beautiful house with screened-in porches and plants hanging everywhere oh, only the most beautiful furniture and tapestries in the heart. I didn't try to get into the movies on her back oh, but she did take me to the Hollywood Bowl in the middle of the day, no other people sitting in where she and I drank a bottle of wine and ate roast chicken and cheese.
During that time when I was so young I didn't even make notes of celebrity sightings 't, even when I saw George Hamilton's wife standing in the unemployment line with me. One time when Gretchen took me to the Hollywood Bowl for an afternoon, I became aware of the fact that I wasn't really impressed by celebrities, especially movie stars. Virtually everyone I met was even either successful in the movies or as writers or activists, including Jane Fonda and Tom Hayden, who came 2 give an address to a group of us who were fighting the Vietnam War. Afterward I shook her hand and I remember noticing how long her fingers were. virtually everyone I met was even either successful in the movies or as writers or activist, including Jane Fonda and Tom Hayden, who came to give an address to a group of us who were fighting the for the rights of farmworkers and for the right of women.

Afterward I took her hand and I remembered noticing how long her fingers were. They were like mine but a third or or maybe even 50% longer. It was an absolute Freak Show.

I think I have had thousands of celebrity encounters but very few of them excited me. Not because they weren't worth getting excited about. I just felt unable to take in all the information while I was meeting them.

Now, in a way, I am a celebrity. I happen to be an expert in one field, 20th century literature with a focus on the writer Jack Kerouac. I know every single thing about him and I have read all his books several times. I always buy multiple copies so I can lend them out to people because I rarely get them back. No, in the way, I am a celebrity. I happen to be an expert in one field, 20th century literature with a focus on the writer , Jack Kerouac I know every single thing about him and I have read all his book several times. I always buy multiple copies so I can lend them out to people because I rarely get them back. Most of my books inscribed by the survivors the major actors of the situation. Unfortunately, what was going to be my claim to fame ended up and enpraging a Kerouac biographer because I exposed him as a fraud and published my findings. He sued me in the 9th Circuit Court and in the pawn shop sign his own name in 19 months the case was dismissed and he was required to pay my legal expenses. But I remember unfortunately, what was going to be my claim to fame ended up and raging a crack biography because I expose him as a fraud and published my findings. He sued me in the 9th Circuit Court and within 19 months the case was dismissed and he was required to pay my legal expenses. but I remember, he was all about being famous. He wanted to be the one who knew about Jack and he even seem to have a an actual belief that he had add Kerouac reborn in him after he died in 1969. He never took one step out onto the sidewalk to join in a group of protesters or anything. He was a big fake who had hyped himself up into a frenzy and even though his books actual beliefs that he had head Cara whack reborn in him after he died in 1969. He never took one stuff out onto the sidewalk to join in the group of protesters or anything. He was a big fake who had hyped himself up into a frenzy and even though his book were taking us circulation Andrew cunanan, he still insisted his book about Jack was the definitive work and the most important of all the biographies you. And he completely tried to destroy me. I had been a Stringer for national public radio for a few years and had pitched the story of this man and the Kerouac estate, he still insisted his book about Jack was the definitive work and the most important of all biography. and he completely tried to destroy me. I had been a Stringer for National Public Radio for a few years and had picked the story of this man and the Carolina State with 5 minutes of actualities to boot.

He was so scary to everyone that he when he intervened interfered in my upcoming National radio story, he found my editor and completely slandered me, telling lies about me so that regardless of what she believed oh, she knew that she could not do my story he was so scary to everyone that he went he intervened interfere in my upcoming national radio story, he found my editor and completely slander me, telling lies about me so that regardless of what she believed, she knew that she could not do my story because that insane person would ruin everything for her and her life New York City as punishment for allowing someone to speak the truth. He has that effect on everyone. I don't know how he functions but he seems to have a great facility and reaping doubts and lies. would have come out after her
Sorry for the taipings anti pose. I just cannot go back over and fix all the errors in my post. But I will have to save my encounter with Green Day for another time.
Diane , well we could have probably been friends back in those days ! I’m just a stay at home guy right now marriage does that to you but I still love music and movies .Going to Disneyland in a few minutes for the day .Yesterday we went to Pechanga Indian Casino and I hit a jackpot of Two Thousand and Fifty dollars woo hoo ! Last time we went I won One Thousand Six Hundred so yeah I got a lot of money my wife says I can keep it for myself.Not using it for Disneyland today though because we have annual passes.Kind f suck of going though if you knew what I mean . Going to Chicago on the 25th of this month to see my son his wife and my two three and a Half year old not exactly twin girls for a week so that should be fun.Anyway off to Mickey Mouse land .I think I mentioned I worked on the Jungle Cruise while in college I always avoid that ride cause now it’s so boring .We just walk around mostly.

Back