• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My Last "Fat" Summer

dking3284

As I sit here, poolside in my backyard, wearing my maternity bathing suit from two years ago, I can't help but feel excited know these fat summer days will soon be a thing of the past!

The countdown is on until my surgery and I'm ready to take back my health, my self-confidence and my former love for swimwear.

So for today I will not be ashamed of this God awful bathing suit and the way I look in it. Instead, I will feel proud that this body of mine created three amazing children. I will remind myself that I am still beautiful and I love the person I am. And lastly, I will make a promise that this will be the last "fat" summer I will ever spend.

July 22nd, here I come!

way to go! Attitude is 99% of the battle. If you think you can you will.
Funny thing happened to me this year as I tried to use last year's suit. I knew it was bit but did not expect the bottom to fall off as I was walking to the pool. My husband was the only one around and he laughed so hard he couldn't breath. I had to get a another suit this year and went from a 28 to a 16/18. Talk about total surprise.

Best wishes and July 22nd will be here before you know it!

Attitude makes all the difference in the world. Your life and eating habits are about to undergo a major change. Embrace that change, use it to your advantage and the pounds will come off. Good luck with the surgery, let us know how it goes.

Frank

:cool:

Yes, Girl! That bod has served you well with your baby chicks, but it's a new day.....you have inspired me. I am going to donate my spring clothes and summer ones the closer I get to my aug 9th day! Enjoy the water!

Back