• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My surgery is in 10 days!

Laurieann

Hey Guys:
I am on week 4 of my Optifast diet, I have lost 10 pounds, and am doing so much better now. Those first few days were horrible, but I finally adjusted, thank the Lord. Yesterday I had my EGD and other than having a small IV issue, it went beautifully, and I didn't even know it happened. So this will be the last week of my diet and then I will have my surgery on the 20th. I am so happy because of the support and friends I have made here. You all have given me the extra boost of confidence that I can do this and I can march into my furture knowing so much support is here. Thank you so much!

Good luck! Had mine on 3/5, absolutely no regrets, except for my tummy itching like crazy this morning! LOL. Post a post op update! Blessings to you and your surgeon!

You will do just great! This is only the beginning of a life-changing, inspiring, and exciting journey! Your life will change each day with the baby steps you take, and as each day passes by your initial reactions, feelings, and thoughts, they will become eventually a distant memory. As you move forward each day on your weight-loss journey, you will gradually have energy, motivation, and determination to keep moving ahead in a positive direction.

There will be times you may get frustrated with your progress, but if you remain focused and on track, you will be unbeatable! Try to walk everyday, even if it's for 10 minutes. Each day as your strength builds, your hopes and dreams will begin to materialize!

Enjoy the ride and fasten your seat belt, you're in for the time of your life!

Linney ;)

It sounds like you have a great attitude about your furture. I was so grateful for this forum especially in the beginning. Those you had gone before me shared their experience and hope. People told me things would pass, and they did. At 9 months post op I still find this forum a tremendous support as the journey changes. Wishing you all the best on your surgery and a speedy recovery. Let us know how you are doing. Linney you are an example of how life changing WLS can be.

Thank you for your kind words. It sounds and looks like you are well on your way to the finish line! Even though we will finish one important aspect of this journey, the remaining elements will be lived with on a daily basis.

Kudos to your success today! It's a grand feeling of overcoming a physical obstacle. The other elements that come into play is our acceptance and role we now are entering into within ourselves as a whole.

A reawakening of our true selves, and a reaquaintance with the person we haven't had much time to learn about or ever appreciate.

Have a successful journey and enjoy your new life as it unfolds before your eyes!

:rolleyes:

Good luck...I have my surgery on April 2nd. I'm so torn between the sleeve and gastric bypass. I need to decide quick!

Mines is scheduled for April 3rd and I am having the same conflicting thoughts over the two. I am scheduled to have the sleeve, but the additional weight lost from teh gastric bypass is really tempting. HOWEVER...the cons of the gastric bypass just seem to much for me to handle (extra vitamin supplements, dumping, blah blah).

Scheduled for April 3rd

Hello All....Finally recieved my date last week and now Im a complete wreck! I have gained 6 pounds since being approved by my insurance company, simply cause I am trying to cope with the loss of food , which sounds horrible (but true). My two week liquid (protein shake) diet starts the 18th, but I have decided to start early to compensate for the recent weight gain. I really, really , really, really need suggestions and feedback from those who are also in the liquid diet stage and what has been successful. I am a 306 lb, 5'8 female.
OH...and I have choosen the sleeve.

JMelonie, good for you on making a choice. You will find that initially the RNY tends to be faster, but over the course of a year, they tend to even out. As for the liquid stage prior to surgery, I was on the liquid diet for 3 weeks and lost 30 pounds. I had no problems craving food, which surprised me. I was sure I was going to go through food withdrawal. I keep a picture of my grandson with me, to remind of why I finally decided to have WLS. Find your inspiration and keep a reminder of it with you, then when you feel a craving, look at it and draw strength from it.

Frank

:cool:

To all of you with the upcoming surgeries....I wish you the best of luck. Please update the night before surgery,as I like to pray for everyone :)
Also, don't forget to let us know how you did.

Linney, you are truly an inspiration. I hope that these people who are complaining about having to drink only liquids read what you just said. xo

I have not had my surgery yet. I see my cardio doc today. he is last doc. then all papers go to ins. I should have a date within a month to 6 weeks. I have been actively trying since early January to complete all of the requirements for surgery. I had to wait 2 months for an appointment with the doc that I am seeing today. But chin up, it will happen;)

Hi JMelonie..I Know It Seems Difficult Trust Me I Was Scared Too I'm On My 2nd Day Of The Pre-OP Diet And It's Going A Whole Lot Better Than I Expected Because I Am A Food Junkie And Afraid I Wasn't Going To Be Able To Do It..But I Just Kept Thinking To Myself This Is Going To Be A Life Changing Experience And A Life Style Adjustment ! You Can Do It Stay Strong ! And Good Luck ! :D xx

Back