• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My Surgery~~June 12th

PattyKaiser

Hello! I am so excited I found this site. I am scheduled for my RNY in 3 weeks and I am pretty scared, well not really scared just nervous with all the changes I am going to need to make.

Welcome to the forum Patty. I think most of us felt the same emotions you are feeling and it's perfectly normal. I discussed this with my surgeon before my surgery and he told me he would be concerned if I didn't feel this way :) It's going to be an emotional rollercoaster ride but it's a good thing. You are getting in touch with yourself as you make the life altering decision to become healthier and happier. Just take things a day at a time, take baby steps if necessary. Make sure you come back to the forum to let us know how you are doing. We are all here to support each other :)

Good advice Pat. I'm more nervous too the closer I get to my surgery becoming reality. Things are stressful at home right now, but I am taking it one day at a time.

Nana-That's all we can ask of ourselves when faced with a decision that is life altering, take things one day at a time. The other thing to do if we "mess up" is to strart fresh and not give up. Right now I'm struggling with my weight loss. I suddenly stopped losing weight about 5 weeks ago. I met with the surgeon and nutririonist to try to figure out why this is happening. I know I started having more calories but not so much that my weight loss should stop. I'm eating about 75% less than before surgery so it's really frustrating. Anyway, I was told to cut back to 800 calories a day which is difficult for me. Most days I come very close. All I can do is start fresh each day. The scale is starting to show a slight weight loss but it doesn't seem enough for me. I know that's the way it's going to be though so that's what I have to accept. Just keep trying and it will happen.

Hi Patty, Welcome. I remember be scared nerviouse, anxiouse, excited all in the same moment, it's ok, we are about to have a major surgery that may seem routien for the surgon and minor for most of us because we only have a few hole in our belly for the laprascope and the surgons stuff, it is amazing how they do it. It is the begining of a new journey to a healthier us, we are all here to support each other so make sure to come back and let us know how you are doing or to just vent out some anxiaty. Hang in there. :cool: Tom

Hi Pat. I'm told that everyone hits a plateau at some point, I know it is still early for you, but maybe that is what is going on now, tomorrow is a new day and I will start fresh!

Patty hi and welcome to this site, there are some wonderful people here who've sure helped me alot with my questions and concerns, I'm hoping to get my surgery date some time in June.
How many months did it take you to get to this point?been trying since Jan.
I know what you mean about being nervous and scared I keep having so many thoughts, realizing that it's perm. once I do this to my body, but I want to be healthy again and loose this weight for good.
I know you'll love this site it's sure been a life saver to me.
HOpe things continue to go well for you, keep us posted there's always someone to talk to on here.
Donna

Patty-

Mine is tomorrow so I know how you feel. I just think about the future and how great it will be. Yes, there may be small roadblocks in the way, that is all they are and will not stop us from meeting our goals.

Best wishes on everything!

Lester

Back