• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Nervous and excited!

Queenie10

Hi everyone! I am scheduled for a lap band to R-N-Y conversion surgery on April 19, 2012. I never had much success with the lap band, and I have an endless supply of excuses for that. But I have regained all that I lost, (not much), and then some. My health issues have gotten bad this past year, so I am back in the process, but this time I am approaching it very differently. For one thing, I kept my past surgery a secret, but this time I am all out there, talking about it to everyone, at work, my friends & family, and even my acquaintances. I am getting lots of support and have a better attitude about the whole thing. I am not ashamed like I was last time.

I am anxious though. The R-N-Y is a much more serious life style change. I will be giving up some foods for good. I will be taking supplements forever. But I am so ready for it! I am just DONE with being FAT! I am glad to find this site which I hope will be an outlet for all my emotional, blathering, and frustrated musings. I hope you all can put up with me. But if I get really pathetic, please feel free to just ignore me and don't read! And I promise to be as supportive as I know how to the rest of you all!

Welcome to the forum Queenie. It looks like you are ready to start another journey toward getting healthy. We are all here to offer support or just listen if that is what you want. The RNY is just a tool to aid in losing weight, it is not a miracle cure as I'm sure you already know. The food choices are limited in the beginning but you will eventually be able to enjoy small portions of almost anything you had in the past. I have heard that some people find they don't like certain things after they have surgery because it tastes different to them.

I'm sure you will be successful. Just make sure to visit the forum to let us know how you are doing. We are here to support each other.

Hi Queenie, Welcome. We are all here for your support. Like Pat said this is oonly a tool for us to use on a way to a healtier us. You sound like you are ready to start a new lifestyle I am sorry the Lap Band did not work out for you, the RnY is much differnt and for the first year or so will help you with portions and colorie intake. We are all here for suppor and to help you out and answer questions. :cool: Tom

Back