• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New here, so glad to find you all!

Suprmommcs

I'm so glad to have found the support site. My surgery is Monday and I'm a little nervous but excited as well. Can't wait to get going on my new life. I have 5 kids ranging from 30 all the way down to 5. I've gained weight over the years and my poor 5 year old really needs mom to be more active and involved. I'm so grateful the surgery was finally approved!!!!! I know the best days are ahead :)......

Hi Suprmommcs, welcome to the site. You will do great, you have the right attitude. There may be some bumps on the road to recovery, but don't let it get you down. I keep a picture of my grandson with me, so I don't forget why I'm doing this. It helps when I'm struggling. Remember this is a tool that you use, but you'll have to put in the work to be a Loser. Let us know how it's going, we care.

Frank

:cool:

Welcome! Having this surgery will be like starting a new life. Just do what the doctor and RD tell you, and you will be fine.

Welcome. Great attitude and yes this is the beginning of a new life's journey. I am so grateful as I am able to now keep up with my grandchildren. Well almost their 6 and 2. It sounds like you are already committed to doing the work needed for success. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Now that the weight loss procedures are so non-invasive and the recovery time is much shorter, it's a great time to be part of this process! Each and every day afterwards will give you the hope and confidence to move onward and upward with your personal journey. It's an experience you'll embrace and learn from as you move into your new lifestyle. Once you've reached your goal, you'll look at yourself with pride and amazement! Be well!

Suprmommcs-Welcome to the forum. We will all be thinking about you and sending good vibes your way. Please come back to the forum to let us know how you are doing.

I'm so glad to have found the support site. My surgery is Monday and I'm a little nervous but excited as well. Can't wait to get going on my new life. I have 5 kids ranging from 30 all the way down to 5. I've gained weight over the years and my poor 5 year old really needs mom to be more active and involved. I'm so grateful the surgery was finally approved!!!!! I know the best days are ahead :)......
Good wishes and I hope it all goes well.

Back