• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

new here!

jess1217

Hi, I'm new here and a little nervous! My name is Jessica and I'm blind. I'm going through clearance right now for a gastric bypass and am looking forward to surgery hopefully in June. Just thought I'd introduce myself!

Happy Easter!

Hi Jess and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on taking steps to a new and life altering journey. Make sure to continue to visit the forum often to let us know how you are doing. Feel free to ask questions and address any concerns you may have. We are all here to offer support and to listen.

i'm considering having bypass surgery and I would like to speak to someone who is going through the process or someone who has already had the bypass
Hi Shelley
Welcome to the site-There are people here that are pre and post op so if you have any questions feel free to ask-some has probably experienced what you want to know about and will be glad to share it with you-I'm one year post op and have been very successful with few complications.So if you have questions feel free to ask and someone here will try to help you.
Good Luck
Ron

i'm considering having bypass surgery and I would like to speak to someone who is going through the process or someone who has already had the bypass

Hi Shelley, Welcome, I am 2 years out I have been doing great with no complications with the surgery. It has changed my life and my health, I was on Lipitor for chlestorol and a high bloodpressure medicine that was pretty strong I am free of those meds. If you have any spacific questions feel free to ask. I hope we can help you out. :cool: Tom

ok, question here....is it normal to go back and forth, being nervous then not, being hesitant then not? I hate to say I'm confused because I truly do want this surgery and want to change my life....I'm currently going through clearances and am shooting for surgery in June.

Thanks,
Jessica

ok, question here....is it normal to go back and forth, being nervous then not, being hesitant then not? I hate to say I'm confused because I truly do want this surgery and want to change my life....I'm currently going through clearances and am shooting for surgery in June.

Thanks,
Jessica

Hi Jessica, I can say for myself, yes I was very anxiouse and the closer I got to surgery the more anxt I felt, but I had a great suppot group behind me, and they all got up at 4 in the morning to go to the hospital to be there for my surgery. It is OK to be nervouse and wondering if you are doing the right thing, remember you have taken a long time cosidering all the options and trying diet after diet to no avail at least that was how it was for me. Hang in there. :cool: Tom

Back