• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Rosie-Welcome to the forum. There is a great bunch of people here who can offer support and encouragement or just plain listen if that's what someone needs. What type of suggestions are you looking for? Feel free to express yourself, ask questions, offer suggestions to others, etc. I see you have already had your surgey. Looks like a big congrats is in order for 120 pounds GONE!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Welcome to the site. I am only a few days in this site as well but everyone is so helpful. Thank god I found these people so they can help me get through this. Mindy

rosie.patti here. welcome to the site. you will get to know lots of really neat and compassionate people here. I was just remembering one of the pre-op group meetings I went to and it was the first time I was in a room filled with people like me whre I wouldn't be judged. well no matter what your journey brings you are'nt going to be judeged. When I joined this site I was so embarassed to let successful wls patients find that I had been fallible and gotten off track. RNY 2003, good for 5 yrs, had a car accident and became sedentary and saw my weight creep up on me to the tune of 50 lbs. I have been struggling for the last couple of years to staybelow 200 lbs . lose five gain 10,lose 7 gain five. the same old routine as pre wls. Well everything is about to change. I found the "5 day pouch test" and will be able to regain control of my pouch.wow you have done so great. that's it for now patti

Hi Rosie Welcome. I am Tom, looks like your doing Great! I found this site a few months ago, I like chatting on here in between support group meetings. I learn a lot here, there are a lot of people that are a few years out from surgery that answer my questions before I ask, and like my home support group I can share my experience as well as hear others succeses and chalenges. Your about 7 months out now, have you found all the foods that give you dumping, I know when I found out it was miserable, pasta and whit bread were the first two things, I still find things that dont agree with me. Look forward to hearing about your success. Congratulations. :cool: Tom

tom wow youve done it, don't forget the pitfalls. It's good that we find some foods intolerable. anew one gets me and It isn't knowing better. but as he said in the old film what we have here is a failure to commmunicate. my poch was listening while I was testing it. I can attest to the fact that you can't get better if you can't follow the rules and I am now making the conscius effort to watch exactly what goes in my mouth. I have to assume control again and I will patti

Wow...thank you sooo much. I have had some pitfalls, but all in all it has been a neat ride so far. I have found a few things I can't tolerate (yet). Brussel sprouts and asparagus to name two. And I love both. I haven't tried white bread. Found a really thin-cut rye bread I like. I found I do well with soups. I try to make them myself and freeze them. Haven't had soda. Water & juice are my friends. I realize wls isn't a cure-all: it is a tool. I still have to remember to "just say no". Hope y'all have a great day. And thank you again so very much!!;)

Back