• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New to site!! Surgery Today!!!

Today is the day!!! Bariatric sleeve today!! So many emotions going on. Excited...Scared...Anxious...Scared...Elated...Scared. I'm sure everyone goes through it. My best friend and I are doing it together. My surgery is at 9:00am and hers is at 10:00am. At least we can support each other, but I know I'll need advice from people who have already been through it. I'm looking forward to reading all the threads and posts. Wish me luck!!

Wow! You will be in my Prayers today! Please stay in touch let us know all details!! I am probably going to have same surgery so I am very interest in your post. Please update soon as your able and often! Best wishes!!

Good luck blackjack we are all praying for you! Keep us updated on ur progress!! We are here to support you in any way!! Take care!!

Thanks for the well wishes. It's done. I wouldn't say that I'm in pain. It's more like major discomfort. And a severe case of cotton mouth. I don't feel like drinking anything and I have to get atleast 60g of protein in.

1 week out and I feel great! What a difference then 4 days ago. The first few days and was wondering if I had just made the hugest mistake of my life. Now, I know that I had made the right decision. I have to go back to work today! :( I don't want to. I can get used to not working. Have a great day everyone and thanks for all of your support. This site is the best.

Wow Blackjack I can't wait to hear how your weightloss goes! Sorry you have to go back to the work world but really glad to hear your able so fast! What kind of work do you do?

Blackjack20

just read where you've had it done and are doing ok, sorry to hear you have to go back to work so soon,you're lucky to have a friend who went through the same thing, you 2 will encourage each other, how did your friend do? hopefully ok too.
when you have time come back and post and let us all know how your new journey is working for you.
wishing you continued success daily.
Have a good weekend.
Donna

Thanks for the well wishes. It's done. I wouldn't say that I'm in pain. It's more like major discomfort. And a severe case of cotton mouth. I don't feel like drinking anything and I have to get atleast 60g of protein in.
will they let you use wet swabs for your mouth? i remember that was the worse thing of alll the cotton mouth!! good luck!!

I used the mouth swabs but swishing warm water in your mouth and spitting it out works a lot better. Adding a little mouthwash to the water helps get rid of that funky taste that can happen on the liquid phase of the meal plan.

Try thinning out your protein shakes with water and add a little ice. Just sip, sip, sip throughout the day. The protein shakes count towards your fluid goal for the day in case you didn't know. All of the fluids you can manage to drink will also help get rid of your cotton mouth :) Anything like sugar free popsicles, Jello, broth, etc. work towards your fluid goal. Your fluids are as important as your protein so please do what you can to meet both goals daily. It will get a little easier each day. You are doing GREAT!!!

1 week out and I feel great! What a difference then 4 days ago. The first few days and was wondering if I had just made the hugest mistake of my life. Now, I know that I had made the right decision. I have to go back to work today! :( I don't want to. I can get used to not working. Have a great day everyone and thanks for all of your support. This site is the best.

I know how you feel I was off fpr a month. I wanted to work but just didn't feel like going back.:p LOL :cool: Tom

Back