• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Newbie from Hendersonville Tn!!!

jennyjean79

Hey guys I am Jen, I am in tn. I am scheduled for my Gastric Bypass on Monday May 14th 2012. Thats only 3 days away. I dont think it has completley hit me yet. I mean I have been doing the Pre-op diet for several weeks now, but I am still not nervous or scared. I am very excited. I can't wait to begin my new life. I have a 10 yr old daghter and I am tired of being the "fat" Mom. I want to be someone she is Proud of. I also want to be a happier person for myself and husband. I am truley pleased to embark on a totally new chapter in our lives.

Hi Jen! Welcome, you have come to a great place for support and friendship. You will get lots of support here. I'm Gloria, still about 6 weeks till surgery, give or take...Glad to see you have just a few days till your surgery. Good luck and please post often and keep us posted.:cool:

Hi Jen! Welcome, you have come to a great place for support and friendship. You will get lots of support here. I'm Gloria, still about 6 weeks till surgery, give or take...Glad to see you have just a few days till your surgery. Good luck and please post often and keep us posted.:cool:

Thank you so much.I am very excited I found you guys!

Hi Jen, Welcome. It's ok to be nervouse and scared I know I was, I had all my daughters at the hopsital with me, for support, they got up so early to take me in and waited for me to get out of surgery it was great having them there for support. It is a wonderfull journey. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :cool: Tom

welcome to the greatest supportive site. this is a new chapter to your life worth the effort!!! i get so many answers to so many questions only by those who have had the experience. my bypass surgery is the 16th this wed. welcome again....

Had my surgery!!!!!

welcome to the greatest supportive site. this is a new chapter to your life worth the effort!!! i get so many answers to so many questions only by those who have had the experience. my bypass surgery is the 16th this wed. welcome again....

Ok I had my surgery. All went well. No major complications. Very sore this is day 3. I am still very excited!!!!

Jenny-so glad to know everything went well. How long will you be in the hospital? I was in for 4 days but a lot of people on this forum only stay overnight.

Hi jennyjean
happy for you that your surgery was a success, may i ask how long your process of getting approved etc took? I am still awaiting my surgery date, been trying since jan.
Congratulations on your weight loss too. Keep us posted this group is very supportive of each other. Wishing you continued success with your new healthier journey.
Donna

For me it was a 6 month process. I had to do a 6 month diet program with my pcp. I finished that on April 15, recieved my approval 6 days later.

Jenny, so glad to hear that all went well. I am getting anxious about mine, its just a few weeks away

Back