• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Omg, anxiety!!

well my surgery is 2 days away and the my anxiety is awful!! I dont know whats worse the anxiety or the depression! Its been a long process getting here and i know its for the best but it doesnt stop the fact all the bad stuff ive read or seen goes through ur thoughts constantly! Being scared is an understatement!!! I know once its over it will be one big relief! Please keep me in ur thoughts and prayers as the time draws near!! Thanks!!:(

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Once you get to the hospital you won't have time to think about anything and before you know it you will be in recovery then moved into your room. Make sure you let us know how you are doing as soon as you are up to getting on the computer :)

Yankee girl
i will keep you in my prayers and i want to congraulate you on your weight loss already 46 pounds is alot, i so desperately wish mine was already here, as other 's have said once you get there they'll keep you busy and as each day passes you can say" i've made it through another one" and knowing that within 6 months or less you'll be out looking for smaller clothes and able to enjoy your summer with ease.
As soon as you are able to let us all know you are ok and how your ordeal was please post, others stories are what keeps all of us trying and watching and hearing about each other succeeding is so rewarding.
Who know's you may write a book or do a broadway show once you reach your goals, the sky is the limit so nothing is impossbile, hang in there know that god is with you and he's made the way for your healthier life to continue on, he has good plans for you, jerimiah 19;11 one of my favorite verses.
Good things are ahead for you.
Donna

YankeeGirl, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so happy for you that your surgery is 2 days away now. I am maybe a month away now, not too anxious but have been more emotional thats for sure. Please keep us posted

Gloria

getting this surgery can be a very frightening experience to think about but you are so close and what you are feeling is absolutely normal. I will put you on my prayer lsit.patti

I think the waiting is what is killing me here. Not knowing if the insurance is going to approve my surgery, which I don't see why they wouldn't, as I have done everything that I was told to do. Today I am feeling very anxious, not sure why though. I woke up feeling like crap and I just feel like crying right now. I may call my dr and see about getting a script to help me get through this hump.

Hi YankeeGirl
All of us are with you for your big day tomorrow-You did all the things your program required and now you're going to be able to start your new healthier life-I know you're nervious but it will be over before you know it-it's a whirlwind of a few days but we all got thru it and you will too-Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and we all look forward to hearing about your progress in the comming weeks and months.
Take Care-You Go Girl !
Ron

Hi YankeeGirl,

I wish you all the best tomorrow. It's a big day for you, we'll all be thinking about you and waiting to hear from you when you can get back to us!

Gloria

nan67. Oh how I remember he struggle for insurance approval. I had all the criteria but it took 4 letters from my Dr. to finally satisfy medicare and my insurance. It took almost 2 years . Hang in there it is goig to happen.write to me..patti

AsI write this you are probably in surgery by now. I will keep you in my prayers. remember we are allhere for you God Bless.....patti

Hi Yankeegirl and Ladybicknase, I hope all is well I know you are both pretty tired right now, I was wipped out for a few weeks after surgery. Drink water and protien, sip, sip, sip. :cool: Tom

It's past the sx date now and I am a little late reading your blog. Was in the hospital when you posted but i wanted to wish you the best. Just had my RNY on 5-1-12. I'm sure you did great. I'm not saying it's an easy road ahead but look what you have accomplished so far. Bravery!!! You can do anything (never let anyone tell you otherwise). God Bless and look forward to hearing about your journey.

Back