• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

OSTRIM Turkey Beef & Ostrich Jerky

Kevin

Staff member
Has anyone tried any of the Ostrim Jerkys? Ostrim sent us some samples today and they are really good. I just tried the Pepper Flavor Ostrich & Beef Jerky stick and was surprised how good it was, since it only has 80 calories and 14g of protein. We're thinking about carrying these in our store because it could a great alternative for some protein for those meat-eaters. But I'm also curious how some of your stomachs do with jerky in them. We'll most likely order some of these for the store, but depending on how many of you can't tolerate a tougher meat like jerky we might not order too much of them.

Anyone have any good/bad experiences eating jerky?

I've had the Black & Pepper Beef/Ostrich sticks recently, and thought they were really good. I've never been much of a beef jerky girl but decided to try the ostrim jerky because of how healthy it is and I actually really enjoyed it.

I do fine with jerky, when I am out working it is really good to chew on and it lasts a while and gives me the protien and salt I need when I am on the go and expending a lot of energy. I haven't had the ostrich jerky but I have had beef, pork and home made deer and salmon jerky, they are all good. :cool: Tom

I love jerky. I tried Ostrim Beef and Ostrich jerky just now. It's very tasty and tastes similar to Slim Jims. I liked the softer texture compared to regular jerky which is leathery. The Ostrim jerky has the same texture as Slim Jim meat snacks but is much, much healthier with very low fat (1.5 grams), only 80 calories and a high protein count of 15 grams for the Beef and Ostrich and 11 grams for the original Beef. I also have some of the original Beef but have not tried it yet. I'm sure it's very good.

I found the one stick of the Beef and Ostrich to be very filling and will have to wait a couple of hours before I can try the original Beef. I would buy Ostrim snacks from your store if you decide to carry them.

Ditto - where can one purchase? Love jerky & meat sticks; I look for high protein, low fat and of course LOW sugar.

This sugar thing is one thing I guess I was really surprised by in my journey?
Wouldn't you think w/all the people that need to greatly or totally remove sugar from their diets that someone would cater more food products to this group of people? just sayin

Thanks AB-James, I'm expecting a delivery today and once I start getting low on the protein sticks I'll place a new order with the AmericanBariatrics store. I'm glad you carry the BBQ flavor, it's my favorite. I noticed you don't carry the maple turkey but that's a good thing because they are extermely rubbery and very hard to chew into small pieces and in my opinion don't taste that good. It's a good thing my dog likes them so I have been cutting them up with scissors and giving them to her for treats *LOL*

Yeah, we tried the Turkey sticks and didn't care for them very much either. So we decided not to carry them in our stores. But Ostrim does have a new stick coming out with Elk meat in it, and they just sent us some samples. So if those taste good we'll also add those to the store. I'm curious, I don't think I've ever had Elk meat before but it's supposed to be a very lean meat, so we'll see. I'll let you know how that goes.

I had elk many years ago and liked it better than venison. With the seasonings that are used to flavor the Ostrim sticks I'm sure it will taste good. My concern would be the texture and how easy it is to chew thoroughly enough. I hope it's not anything like the maple turkey *LOL*

My son Michael (rny 8/10/12) has been eating the Ostrim beef and ostrich sticks for the last two weeks, without issue. I think they're terrific! I learned just tonight that Ostrim has come out with even more varieties. I am anxious to try them. Thanks for the heads up on the maple turkey, Pat. I think I will avoid that one! lol

Back