• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

plastic surgery info for after gastric bypass???

7881garcia

I was wondering is there a plastic surgeon who accepts medi-cal in CA for after you get the gastric bypass done and I'm down from a sz 20 to a 11 and my stomach hangs and its all red and irritated bad :( totally sucks and what do i do??? I heard there is a surgeon who takes donations close to where i live in santa maria ca but how do i find out??? please anyone help me :confused:

Hi Garcia, Welcome. I have heard if the plastic surgery is medically needed to keep from getting infections and not for asthetics then some insurance companies will cover it, however I do not know about medi-cal's policies concerning this. Try asking around at your local support group is you have one. :cool: Tom

Medi-cal doesn't pay for plastic surgery it doesn't even cover male infants to be circumsized. They may charge you

Hi Modena, I knew about the circumsision but I was hoping maybe they would budg for the medical nesecity, but with the budget woes in this state you are probably right they wont budge. Tom

Garcia-I'm not familiar with Medi-cal but can tell you Medicare will pay for some plastic surgery as long as it is medically necessary. I had told myself that I would not put myself through additional surgery after weight loss but am now starting to look like a sharpei *LOL* Still don't know what I'm going to do, have a long way to go to reach my goal.

Is there a way you can apply for Medicare, Medicaid or perhaps get an insurance supplement to cover the gaps in your current insurance? I'm sure it's certainly worth looking into :) :) :)

hi 7881garcia
hi I don't know the laws of California but I do remember watching a video on u-tube where a client said that unless a person had pic's of the horrible skin rash's and infections that the excessive skin caused that most insurances would not cover it, but like others have stated there might be a possiblity that another insurance carrier or supplement would cover your needs. you've done the hard part and loss the weight, congratulations on your loss, I bet you feel like a new person
is this site messing up on info? your's in the second one I have read today that shows I believe wrong info, for it shows your surgery date of 7-17-12 and starting weight 234 current 209 and goal weight 145 I quess I need to go check on my status too and see what it's posting under my name. when I loose the pounds I too want the whole world to know.
have a good day

If you saved your money O SmU in Columbus has aintern program. They are under te guidance od two board surgeons, I have friend @ a cousin that had procedures done. They we4re happy with the results. And its very reasonable. I have the number if anyone is interested. You meet with the head of Plastic surgeon in his office, Its done ay OSU hospital.

Back