• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post Surgery and Need Support

Haydee

Just made my six months post surgery and feel I need support. Seems like I hit a wall. Think I fell of wagon during holidays. I have lost 41 lbs. but that includes putting on four to five pounds over holidays.

Welcome to the forum, Haydee. I'm sorry you had trouble over the holidays. Something that helped me over the holidays was to remind myself that I didn't want to be fat anymore. If I gave into the cravings I would have reversed all my hard work, and I really didn't want to be fat anymore.
You need to examine why you felt that the holidays gave you a 'free pass' to eat outside of your meal plan. Just because it's there, you don't have to eat it. After all, these foods are available all year, you just chose not to eat them when it wasn't a holiday.
I hope you can get back on track and remember why you did this in the first place. Good luck!

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I really do not want to return to my previous weight and medical issues. Will focus so that I can get back in the game.

Just made my six months post surgery and feel I need support. Seems like I hit a wall. Think I fell of wagon during holidays. I have lost 41 lbs. but that includes putting on four to five pounds over holidays.

WELCOME Haydee!!! Hey you are only 35lb from goal weight! Thats just a hop skip and a jump, wow, that's exciting!!! I wish I was 35lb from goal weight, but I will be some day.. lol. Jump back on the bandwagon and eat your protein, skip your bad carbs and you will be at goal in a snap of your fingers!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!! :)

Cheyenne :cool:

We are here. Support is here. Also, find a local support group to attend. Be mindful of everything you consume. I say this over and over again, journal everything you eat. Measure everything you eat. Take that 1/3 cup measuring cup out and measure, measure and measure.

Be sure to stay under 1200 calories a day. More importantly, be sure you get your required protein in each day. The protein is what keeps you sated.

Also, get out and walk. For a lot of us that cannot happen easily right now with all the cold weather. However, I am thinking of getting out today. It will be in the 20s; boy that is warm compared to wind chill of -20 .

Best wishes,

Ralph

Welcome Haydee, don't let the holidays define the rest of your life. What works best for me is carrying a reminder of why I started on this journey, for me it's my 6 year old Grandson. When he wanted me to lay on the floor so he could practice mountain climbing, I knew it was time. I keep his picture on my phone, so whenever I'm feeling the desire to eat something I shouldn't, I look at it and I am able to walk away. Another option is to have healthy options with you, like protein bars, a water bottle or something like that. Now that the holidays are past, get right back to doing what you did to lose the weight in the first place. You're only a failure if you refuse to get up and keep going down the WLS road. You can do it, you've already shown that, so just do it.

Frank

:cool:

Welcome Haydee, there is alot of support here for you. Congradulations on losing 41lbs thats great! It sounds like you know what your doing, and the holidays can be tough. One of the things I found (besides following diet and fluids guides) was increasing my exercise. I glad your getting back on track.

Back