• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Protein shots

:p I have been experimenting with the protein shots....To me the best tasting is the IDS New Whey Liquid Protein shots. I made some in sugar free jello today, using the grape liquid protein as part of the cold water in Strawberry sugar free jello. It is yummy and I cant tell it has the protein shot in it! :eek:

Proasis Protein Shots are really good. I've only had the Grape and Raspberry but both are good. I chill them before I drink them. I do think they have less protein than the IDS New Whey shots though. I've never thought of mixing them with jello, that's interesting, I'm going to have to try that! :D

great idea for protein shots with jello!! well,i am 11 weeks out and i am never hungry , the thought of eating makes me nauseous and when i eat i am only able to eat about 3oz of food. At this point i am afraid i will not stop losing. does this sound familiar to anyone!!

great idea for protein shots with jello!! well,i am 11 weeks out and i am never hungry , the thought of eating makes me nauseous and when i eat i am only able to eat about 3oz of food. At this point i am afraid i will not stop losing. does this sound familiar to anyone!!

Yes, I had to force myself to eat for the first 6 or 8 months, but I would get weak if I didn't eat so it was a struggle, sometimes I still forget to eat if I am real busy or fall into the boredome eating when I am not doing anything and that is no funn because i feel sick when I do that, I try to stay busy or catch myself if I am not and have something like yougurt. :cool: Tom

Yes, I had to force myself to eat for the first 6 or 8 months, but I would get weak if I didn't eat so it was a struggle, sometimes I still forget to eat if I am real busy or fall into the boredome eating when I am not doing anything and that is no funn because i feel sick when I do that, I try to stay busy or catch myself if I am not and have something like yougurt. :cool: Tom
good to know Tom, i seem to only want watermelon and there is no nutritional value so i force myself to eat at least 2oz of some protein!

When I saw the words Protein shots I thought Shot, shots. Do you get them at the Health Food store? Could you use them with yogert to make a smoothy?

When I saw the words Protein shots I thought Shot, shots. Do you get them at the Health Food store? Could you use them with yogert to make a smoothy?

Some people on this site said they can buy the protein shots at health food stores. I bought mine on-line. Yes, you can make smoothies from them. You can add them to Jello as a replacement for some of the water and can also mix them into a sugar free beverage. Personally, I think they taste pretty bad by themselves so I have to mix them into something.

I cannot believe that you have lost almost 100 lbs?! hmmmboucher, did you have your surgery this past February?? That seems like a ton of weight loss very fast.

Were can I get them? I had my surgery in 2007. And now is so hard to get the protein down. also, the water I'm having hard time drinking water, that's why I'm getting hungry.

You can get the Proasis Protein Shots in the American Bariatrics Store. I drink one every day after my workout. Sometimes I leave one in my workout bag and they get warm, which makes it taste a little funny. They taste so much better if you just leave them in the fridge and drink them while they're still cool.

I've also seen the New Whey brand of protein shots sold in GNC, Sam's Club, and a few other stores.

The Proasis shots are much better (just my opinion) and are All-Natural ingredients.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
hmboucher64!
I see you had the sleeve 11 weeks ago and you have already lost over 100 pounds??? I am going to have the sleeve as well, hopefully next month. This gives me some encouragement as I thought the weightloss was going to be kind "slow" compared to the RNY. when I do lose weight, I do lose fast, so I hope that that will be the case after the surgery. You have given me hope.
Good luck! Keep me posted on how you are progressing please!
Melissa

Hi Malissa, The weight loss for the RnY and Sleeve are almost identical, that is one reason more insurance companies are covering it. The meal plans are also somewhat similar from what I have heard, I think the recovery time was faster with the sleevs and even faster with the Lap Band. :cool: Tom

Hi
hmboucher64!
I see you had the sleeve 11 weeks ago and you have already lost over 100 pounds??? I am going to have the sleeve as well, hopefully next month. This gives me some encouragement as I thought the weightloss was going to be kind "slow" compared to the RNY. when I do lose weight, I do lose fast, so I hope that that will be the case after the surgery. You have given me hope.
Good luck! Keep me posted on how you are progressing please!
Melissa

Hi Melissa I had the sleeve feb 7th of this year and to date i have lost 135lbs! It was the best thing i have ever done! I do zumba twice a wek and walk 2miles a day, and most important LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR i know so many people who don't and they are not happy. Do you have your date yet?

I cannot believe that you have lost almost 100 lbs?! hmmmboucher, did you have your surgery this past February?? That seems like a ton of weight loss very fast.
I have not been on for awhile so just saw this yes i lost fairly fast according to the dr. but i am doing well my bloodwork is good and best of all i feel great. I just could not eat all they wanted me to so i noe eat 5 small meals a day, which has worked out better for me. Yes my surgery was feb 7 2012 i lost 40lbs before surgery and in total have lost 135lbs! Looks like you are doing great also 72lbs that is super!

Several companies make protein shots these days. Including the Body Fortress brand that they sell at Walmart. Be careful though some of them have sugar added to them.

Some of the protein shots (and powders) do not contain the required type of protein so please check with your nutritionist before buying them.

A lot of those "protein shots" are very low quality protein. I never suggest those to friends. I am not a fan of those at all. Heard to many bad things about those! Not saying they are horrid but just saying it gets better!

Back