• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Question about fluid intake

Hi Applewart, no I wouldn't think it is normal to take in that much liquid that quickly. Also, you are about 6 weeks out, I don't know how you're getting 6oz in at a time. You should, according to my Dr. be spacing the drinks out over the entire day. I am supposed to get 64 oz a day. I would check with my surgeon if I were you. Let me know what he says.

Frank

:cool:

It's like water down the pipe there is nothing to hold water fluid in your pouch so its just passing through. That why they don't want you to drink while eating because it just helps flush every thing out. Protein stops and visits for awhile. What you described is a perfect example of this process. It sounds as if you're just fine.

cheers

We were told to sip sip sip and then sip some more. In fact they said about two ounces at one time. Don't know what your program allows, perhaps you need to check with your Center for correct information. Joy

Back