• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Return to work postponed

Queenie10

I am so depressed! I went to my primary care dr on Friday expecting her to sign my return to work authorization for me to go back yesterday. She didn't. She thinks it is way to early for me to think about going back yet and is keeping me out until June 4th! She doesn't even think I should be driving yet! I didn't think I could do more than a couple of hours a day yet, but I thought I could handle that and build up to full time in a few weeks.

So just to prove her right, I guess, I have had a significant set back in the past couple of days. I have pain in the abdomen again, and am having a hard time getting anything down, even liquids.

I am interested to know how long you other R-N-Y types were off work? 6 weeks is a long time. Was I just not paying attention when we went over this in the appointments leading up to the surgery? I have been known to get an idea in my head and then not hear anything that differs from that.

Hi Queenien, I hope you are feeling better today. When I had my surgery I was of from March 28th (surgery day) until early May it was probobly 5 or 6 weeks but didn't get realesed for full duty until 8 weeks out, but my job consists of very arduose work at times so they were extra cautious with me. Your doctor may be extra cautious with you just because you are going from band to RnY. Take care I hope you can get back to work soon, I know I was ready after week 4. :cool: Tom

My doc told me to expect to be out of work for 6-8 wks. I had surgery 2 wks ago today and I feel great so far. Don't rush it, sometimes the doctor knows best :p

i thought i was ready to go back to work 14 days after my surgery but i had to wait another 4 days but i got a kick back admin job sooo the only thing that gets me to this day is if i dont start my morning with a protein shake i get blah ... and thats not good when you are trying to answer the phones lol

well dont rush it if you dont have to every body is different... hope you heal well.

Back