• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Rookie to online support

Jatemoga

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the online support idea. My current support group is a few family and friends who had the surgery a few years past and can't quite remember the early weeks and months. I have read a few of the threads and I realize that I'm not alone on this quest for a happier life and y'all seem genuinely nice and concerned for others. I'm 7 weeks post-op and at a really frustrated stage and just thought I could reach out to others who are on the same road.

Welcome! Online support is a great way to hang out with others who share the same life experiences. This is a wonderful group, and there is so much experience here. Glad to have you join!
So...why are you feeling frustrated?

I'm feeling frustrated because I have lost only 4 lbs in 2 weeks. I have increased my protein and the amount I exercise but I feel like my weight loss has come to a halt.

Hi jatemoga welcome to this site, it's the best there is

HI I agree with you 100% this room has been so helpful to me and I love being able to share my journey with others and get advice & encouragement. Each of us fights daily and weekly with the weight loss going up or down and being slow. I was told our body is trying to adjust to the massive change we've done to it. I do know from my own experience when I don't get enough protein or exercise there is no weight loss but as soon as I get those to in order I see some weight loss, was happy today for it was 2 lbs, yes I would love to see another 20 lbs be gone but I know I must be realistic, I didn't gain it all overnight so I am not gonna loose it all overnight. be proud of yourself for what you've already loss. you'll find the people in here truly are kind and they do want to help. they've helped me so much in the past year while I went through the journey of it taking9 months of paper work etc to finally getting the surgery done in sept.2012. continue to come back and share your journey for this room has a lot to offer. I've never found such a friendly room to chat in and I thank God I found this one. Hope you have a blessed day.Donna

Last edited:
Jatemoga.... A big welcome and so glad you have joined this site. We are all on the WLS journey together. Each experience is something different and is shared with others so you are not alone. As I understand everyone goes through a stall in weight lose. It is our body adjusting. It looks like you are are doing all the right things....keep it up and it will all work out. I am two weeks out from surgery. My brain and stomach are at battle as I have a post about it under general chat. But this here peace maker is going to win this war between brain and stomach!
Good luck to you my friend and hope to share more with you as our journeys continue!

Good morning Jatemoga,

I see you had surgery on 12-5-12 so it looks like you have 68 pounds in seven weeks. That is wonderful! It always comes off fast inthe beginning. Eventually it will slow down to about ten pounds per month or even a bit less than that. We must all remember that we did not gain it a rate of one pound a day so we won't lose at that rate either. Also, sometimes we reach a point where our body needs time to catch up or it decides to protect itself for a bit and retain some weight. If you continue with your program the weight will eventually come off again but never as fast as it did in the beginning. Remember protein and water intake are super important to weight loss so keep it as part of your strategy and try not to get frustrated. Everyone experiences plateaus. Good luck, Joy

welcome to the forum, Jatemoga. Look what you've accomplished in less than 2 months! You should be so proud of yourself.
What is that castle/church/house in your picture?

Jatemoga, you are going to hit weight loss plateaus along the way. Don't worry, just keep following the Doc's orders and the weight will come off. One question for you, are your clothes fitting any looser? I hit a plateau and was getting frustrated until I realized during the four weeks, I lost 4" off my waist. I too was getting exercise and going to the gym on a regular basis. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you may not be losing weight, but if the inches are coming off, you're ok. I just got back from vacation, where I didn't do the gym, but lots of walking and swimming and snorkeling. I managed to lose 15 lbs in 10 days. The month before, I lost about 10 lbs. Don't worry, keep following your plan and it will come off.

:cool:

Welcome come along with me on a journey. Itys a great path and you will see and learn much along the way. Anything you want to know I am sure someone can answer, or if you want to share so information with us. Thats how we all learn. The red carpet is rolled out and the door is open.
Hugs,
Angie

Congrats on the weight loss and welcome to the group ..... Never give up all good things take time, even though at times it does frustrate us ! Hang in there :0)

Back