• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Say Goodbye to Bat Wings and Hello to Muscular Arms

Nice. I'm very impressed. I have another week before I can start lifting again. I will be working to rid myself of the batwings and saggy knees. Keep up the great work.

Frank

:cool:

Nice job
So how many reps?
I have been pushing cardio and have to admit neglecting strength training but now I am using yoga and kettle balls to rectify the situation.

Thanks Frank! Most of my life I've either played sports, rode a bike, or lifted weights, therefore, my athletic side came back better than before! I also drink a protein shake or eat chicken after I've done strength training. It works!

Linney

Hi Cal,

Usually four sets of 12 or five sets of 10 are in my routine. It depends on how I feel. If I'm tired I will do a quick workout just to pump my arms, heart, and core. Yoga is hard to do for me since my knees are not in good condition due to my obesity, but it works and so does pilates as well to shape and tone your body. Take in your protein an hour after you work out and see the difference.

Linney

Thanks so much deena212! It looks like you're on the road to success! Knowledge is power, and the more tools we receive, the better the outcome will be! Thank you for your feedback. I also posted a video about skincare maintenance as well. The link can be found on my blog site, which would be the last one posted. Check it out! My blogs are on My Life.

Thanks again, Linney

I just posted my latest video on muscle memory and how my biceps and triceps have definition and strength! Check out my latest mini workout.

Linney
:cool:
http://youtu.be/E5rLtfO0qC4

Hi Linney,

Great video.

I see toning. I am hearing you say that your excess skin tightened up as a result of the toning exercises, Right?

Also, have you gained muscle? Usually to gain muscle you have to use a weight where you do reps to "failure" usually around 7 or 8 reps before you cannot do more. This is how you build/add muscle.

I guess with continuous toning exercises, you eventually do add some muscle.

I would like to hear back on this.

Yes, I will get back into the gym. I spent 2 1/2 years with a personal trainer in my early 60s, so I know how to weight train correctly. I see your breathing pattern is perfect as well.

Great!

Ralph

Thanks so much Ralph, as you know when we build muscle, we BURN fat. Also we burn calories as well. I just gave a brief demonstration on what I do, but I do a lot more on a given day depending on my energy level. I know each and everyone of us has a different body type, which may result not having the tightest of underarms, but I try to show others' that it's possible to obtain great results by doing various strength training routines and taking in your protein afterwards to eliminate batwings, which many people have after WLS. I agree with you regarding the reps and to push yourself to the max. You are well-informed about working out and yes you will tighten and tone if you do strength training. Breathing is also essential. Breathing in through the nose and exhaling out of the mouth helps with the process as well. Thank you as always for your positive feedback! Linney xxoo Stay strong! Be strong!

You are my inspiration !!!

Thanks so much Ralph, as you know when we build muscle, we BURN fat. Also we burn calories as well. I just gave a brief demonstration on what I do, but I do a lot more on a given day depending on my energy level. I know each and everyone of us has a different body type, which may result not having the tightest of underarms, but I try to show others' that it's possible to obtain great results by doing various strength training routines and taking in your protein afterwards to eliminate batwings, which many people have after WLS. I agree with you regarding the reps and to push yourself to the max. You are well-informed about working out and yes you will tighten and tone if you do strength training. Breathing is also essential. Breathing in through the nose and exhaling out of the mouth helps with the process as well. Thank you as always for your positive feedback! Linney xxoo Stay strong! Be strong!

Hey,

You are my inspiration.

You have such joy and enthusiasm. It is great to see you in action.

I believe you are setting a terrific example for all of us newcomers to follow.

Thank you for being here,

Ralph

I'm happy to be here and share my success with you and others on their road to success! I feel that when you've reached goal and have maintained your goal weight, and have accomplished other goals, it's important to share with other people who may feel discouraged to remain encouraged. We have put our bodies through so much pain, torture, and abuse. Now we've turned out defeats into victories, our pain into success, and our lives into an amazing and new adventure. Thank you Ralph for being here as well! Keep moving forward, you're doing great!

Linney

Back