• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

six month check yp

Hi all I posted the following under blog but wanted to share it again :)
Oh what a happy day
wow! things have changed in six short months. I went to the Dr today for a follow-up. I was a little worried they would say that I hadn't lost enough weight. It turns out I have done better than I was telling myself. Stats I lost 19 inches from my waist, 18 from my hips and 22 from the chest oh and I lost a total of 98.6 lbs by their scale. The emotions in my head are crazy giddy now. It is almost as if the dream of being fit is achievable. The difference in the before and after pictures were crazy and it took someone else pointing it out for me to see the huge difference. Okay so yes I have been stuck at a platue for a while but so what it is time to look at the big picture and recognize just how much difference six months can make. I was told that my health is stellar. The blood work is great other than my protein and b-12 being high. They could tell I worked out instead of asking if I did they asked how much. It is just so hard for me to see the true me starting to show. Guess it is time to let go of the past and start actually looking in the mirror and at pictures and taking note of the change.

I know that all this was typed quickly and maybe isn't that well written but this is just me free writing as it is called just to capture all the things going threw my mind. Heck I even looked younger in the after picture. Did fat really make me look old? The next check-up is in June and they want me to try to lose 30 lbs. I want more like 40 so we shall see how this goes. It was cool to compare work-out notes with the nurses instead of giving them a list of aches and pains. So here is to the next six months and the future. I live by the words you will never know if you have reached your goal if you don't set them: so here are the goals
12 months
Weigh in once per week no more no less
Workout 6 days per week
run a 5k
24 months
get into shape and go to New York for the run up the Empire state Building (Big dream for someone that has never left the tri-state area)
skin removal surgery so I can workout more without the ouch

Congrats on the great check up. I am just about 1 month - so much to look forward to. My special treat for myself was I bought a annual pass to Knotts Berry Farm. Now it is a 4 hour drive, but last time I went, there were rides I wasn't able to go on due to my size. I am down 50 lbs Since the 1st of October. I have my first visit scheduled for February 8th. My granddaughter and daughter-in-law are driving up from San Diego to meet me. My goal was to be able to enjoy going to parks and of course having fun with my granddaughter. Besides, I am going to need new photo(s) with Snoopy for my profile pick. Not sure about the run up the empire state building - I've never been a fan of stairs, but sounds exiting.

What a fantastic success story. Yes, you do need some outsiders to notice you. Some of us no matter what see us as fat all the time. The other important thing you are doing and should continue to do is take the measurements, take the pictures and compare month over month. Then compare from the very beginning to where you are now.

It is working for you. It is so fabulous. Keep up the great work.

I smiled ear to ear as I read your post. We all can get giddy together.

Ralph

CALQL84HEALTH That is outstanding. It really does make a difference. Wait until you start running again and finish your first 5k, it is an awesome feeling. I have no doubt you lose the 40 pounds you want to. Like dancinbr said, measure yourself every time you weigh in. Sometimes the plateaus we hit are just the body adding muscle mass and losing fat, so it looks like we're not making progress. When you the measurements keep dropping, you'll know you're on the right track. Keep it up.

Frank

:cool:

Back