• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

slauder

slauder

Hi I'm new today I haven't had surgery yet , and I'm excited and so scared at the same time! I lose weight to have the surgery but I gain it back I think because of being so scared. But I want this I'm going to 59 in Feb. and I want this done before then . Please help me to call and make the appointment, to have this done and quit this mad circle I keep running. Thank you so much !!:confused::

Last edited:
Hi Slauder, Welcome. It is very scary to have a major surgery of any type and this is one that will force you to change your relationship with food for life, it sounds scary. It sounds like you are on the same cycle many of us have been on with losing and gaining weight. With WLS you need to remember it is only a tool to help us lose weight, we have to diligent about our eating habits and change our lifestyles or the weight will come back. So if you think this is what you want, talk to your primary doctor and get a referal to a WL seminar and that will start the ball rolling for you, we can be here for moral support and a place to vent when things get tough but you need to do the rest. Good luck. :cool: Tom

Slauder-I had my surgery in February and was 57 1/2 years old. By reading the posts in this forum I noticed that the younger people recovered about a month sooner than I did. I did OK, no complications and any pain I had was minimal and was controlled by medication. Being scared is normal and you just need to deal with it the best you can. This surgery is a life changing event and your emotions are going to be running high. You still have to be sure the surgery is what you want, don't let anyone make the decision for you. Maybe make a list of the pros and cons of having or not having the surgery then compare the results.

Have you had all of your tests yet and just need to call for a surgery date or are you just starting the journey?

Back