• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Sleeve - one week out

So I am one week post op from the gastric sleeve, I am hungry!!!!! Is this normal? I have minimal pain, except for a headache that I have had since day 2 post op..:mad:

Hi Kristiesandy, it's my understanding that with the sleeve, the sensors in your stomach that indicate you are hungry, have been removed. What you are most likely feeling is Head Hunger, your mind is telling you, based on previous experience that it is time to eat, so you must be hungry. Try to focus on the hunger and where it is coming from. If it is the grumbles in your stomach, that is not hunger, that is normal stomach activity. When you feel the hunger, get up and do something to take your mind off of food. Chances are it will go away. Hope this helps.

Frank

:cool:

I am 8 weeks post op from the sleeve and it took me several weeks to get to know the signals from my "new stomach". I thought I was hungry too but I wasn't, I was just empty everything had a different sound and feel.

Back