• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

starting out

lacey

:D hi everyone;
I am new to this site. I am still working with my drs. and jumping through the insurance hoops to get my surgery scheduled.
I will be having the gastric bypass as soon as my clearance comes through. It shouldn't be much longer. Such a long road it has been. I started this journey early January and I am still working at it. I see a cardio doc tomorrow and after his okay, I should be cleared.
Who knew trying to get healthy would be so drawn out. I have noticed much success as I browsed over peoples posts. So encouraging!
xo

Hello...I just joined this site. I started this journey actively in January 2013. My RNY surgery is set for April 18th...10 days!!! I am anxious and excited but also frustrated because I do not know right now if my surgeon will go ahead with the surgery. I was just diagnosed with Barretts Esophagus (have had GERD for about 4 yrs) and an ulcer. I will see my surgeon this Wednesday to view my options. If he decides not to do the surgery, either RNY or Sleeve, I will be completely disappointed. I have been a yo-yo dieter for over 25 years and have lost anywhere from 20 to 100+ just to gain it all back again. I literally have lost 100 lbs 2x!!! Since January I have lost 31 lbs and can't go back!!! Thanks for the encouraging posts I have seen here and I love reading about all your successes!!! :eek:)

Welcome to both of you. This is a great board full of people who care and are non-judgmental. This is a great place to get answers to your questions, just ask away. Lacey, good luck with the rest of your requirements, all the effort is worth it. Trust me, it took me 11 months to get everything in order. Losingitforgood, I am sending positive vibes your way, you sound like someone who will do great. Don't give up hope. Both of you, please keep us up to date on your progress.

Frank

:cool:

Welcome to both of you. Lacey waiting is hard, but time will go very quickly once you are approved. Be prepared before you go in with all that you will need afterward. That helped me a lot. losingitforgood I think a lot of us have been on the yo yo journey. Each failure would feel worse. This is why I finally decided on going forward with WLS. I know with the sleeve you will need medication for GERD. I am not sure about bypass. Hoping all goes well with your upcoming appt. Keep us updated.

Thanks everyone and welcome losingitforgood! I really do like this site. I pop on here a few times a day to see what is new and to throw some encouragement someone's way ;). We all need that. I thought for sure that after going for my EKG yesterday, that I was on final doc appointment....no...stress test on Friday and ECHO heart next Friday. My EKG was normal, so I think this must be for shit's and giggles :rolleyes: Then I do have an appointment with the surgeon one last time on May 3rd. I am truly hoping that all of my paperwork will be sent off to the insurance company and I can be scheduled for end of May? I will keep looking to see your progress. xo

Back