• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Starting Phase 2 of the diet today!

Queenie10

OK, so I never thought I'd be excited at the thought of eating baby food! But I am glad that I am going to be able to have SOMETHING besides protein drinks and clear liquids! Had a runny 1/4 cup of cream of wheat this morning and thought I was in heaven! Ok that was an exageration, but it was pretty good after 3 weeks of liquids.

Does anybody have any suggestions for this stage in the diet? Everything has to be pureed. My discharge papers say I can have hummus, which I love, but now can I eat that without pita bread or crackers?? I am also allowed to have tofu, which I also love, but can I use the low sodium soy sauce with it?

Anything you discovered during your time in this stage that made it more bearable will be much appreciated.

Queenie-Just eat the hummus with a spoon. Soy sauce is on my list of condiments that were allowed but if you are uncertain you can always call your nutritionist. One of the first things I ate was instant mashed potatoes with pureed meatless spaghetti sauce (canned). It tasted soooooooooo good!!! I also made pureed tuna with lite mayo and a boiled egg with mayo and sweet relish pureed. I still can't eat a plain boiled egg or plain tuna because they are too dry and make my pouch hurt and cause nausea. The tuna salad, egg salad and cream of wheat were the only things I could tolerate on the pureed phase besides the liquids. You can have sugar free pudding cups too.

Some people eat baby food but not the toddler variety since it has small lumps in it. Although I didn't try baby food some of the desserts would probably taste good like the custard. Try to choose foods with protein.

Thanks, Pat. I picked up tuna and fat free mayo at the store today so I will try that. The tuna is high in protein. I ate a soft boiled egg at lunch and it was delish! The yolk was really runny and I just blended it with a fork until it was all liquid, then a small dash of salt and I was all set. It was easy to eat and it didn't bother my pouch. :)

I got a few baby foods, two meals and two fruits. I'll try one tomorrow. There isn't much protein in the meals though. I just got a turkey and veggie one and a sweet potato and chicken. I remember those as being good ones when my boys were babies. Wonder what they will taste like now.

:cool:Hi - I got a lot of mileage out of vegetarian refried beans and plain Greek Yogurt standing in for sour cream. Eats like real food and yummy. Best of luck!

Back