• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

starting to enjoy exercise!

I never liked exercise, now that i am down over 100lbs i enjoy certain exercise, tommorow i will be riding my bike 10miles for the first time! i have entered a 5k on july 1st an d work out at gym with a trainer one day a week (since weather is nice i like to be outdoors)basically for my bingo wings and belly!haha I aplan on doing alot of biking since i enjoy that the most! just wish my husband would join me (he has bakers cysts behind knees)

I have always gotten execise but I was always dreading doing it the past 10 years, now I enjoy it more and more, I actually feel like I am missing something if I don't get out at least 5 days a week and do something, mostly hiking and running but I want to get a bicycle but ther are so many differnt kinds now, not like when I was a kid we had schwinn and huffy LOL! :cool: Tom

I was just thinking about biking the other day. Mine has been in my garage hanging from the rafters, untouched, for over 15 years :( I'm going to have a talk with my physical medicine doctor next month to see if it's feasible for me to try to ride it again. I need a hip replacement so I don't know if it will do more harm than good. I'm sure I'll have to take it to a bike shop for a tune up and a once over and then I will need to get a helmet.

Yes Ive been wanting to get out and do something as well, but I'm not sure what to do or where to go, money is super tight so joining a gym is out right now but i have bat wings i want to get rid of.... I will see the Dr in the morning and i will get the ok to do everything I'm sure then it's over to see the fitness girl so she can tell me what i need to start working on :)

I don't know what bingo wings are but bat wings are the upper arm flab that swings back and forth under your arms. It happens after you lose weight in your upper arms.

Yes Ive been wanting to get out and do something as well, but I'm not sure what to do or where to go, money is super tight so joining a gym is out right now but i have bat wings i want to get rid of.... I will see the Dr in the morning and i will get the ok to do everything I'm sure then it's over to see the fitness girl so she can tell me what i need to start working on :)

There are so many things you can do that are free or at a minimal cost. Check with your medical insurance to see if they will pay for a gym membership. Most of them do but only to certain gym's. You could get some resistance bands for stretching exercises and use food cans and water filled jugs for weights, walk, ride a bike, etc. Maybe a friend or neighbor is interested in staring an exercise routine and the 2 or you could go together.

Thrift stores and consignment shops usually have exercise equipment (and bikes) for next to nothing.Or check Craig's List.

OK....am new to all this....what are bat wings and bingo wings please !
I was watching shark tank one night and the guy who started the company fubu said when the old ladies at bingo wave their arms and yell bingo the flab on their arms are called bingo wings, so it just kinda stuck in my head haha

(he has bakers cysts behind knees)

I can understand this, I have had 2 ruptured bakers cysts behind my right knee and they are really painful. I don't see why he couldn't ride a bike though, I've never been told that I couldn't ride one. I did notice that my calf muscle on the right leg is mis-shapen due to the previous ruptures. I guess it's something I need to look into.

hi
haven't talked to you in awhile , congratulations on your weight loss already! did you loose all of this just since the surgery?? keep up the good work you'll be reaching your goal weight before you know it. fri. will be a month since I have seen surgeon I am hoping they call this week with my surgery date, the waiting is hard, been trying since jan. I know Imust be patience.
donna

hi
haven't talked to you in awhile , congratulations on your weight loss already! did you loose all of this just since the surgery?? keep up the good work you'll be reaching your goal weight before you know it. fri. will be a month since I have seen surgeon I am hoping they call this week with my surgery date, the waiting is hard, been trying since jan. I know Imust be patience.
donna
Hi donna i lost 44lbs pre and the rest post, i have been busy so have not been on in awhile. I am never hungry so eating is a chore! hope you get your date soon!

Hmboucher-Congratulations on your weight loss. I'm a little envious *LOL* I haven't had any appetite issues since week 5 or 6 so I have to be careful. My pouch is working just fine and a very small amount makes me feel full but I tend to eat softer foods so they pass through my pouch faster than something like solid meat would. Last week was the first time I was able to eat roasted chicken without major discomfort so maybe if I add this type of food back into my diet I might lose weight a bit faster because I will feel full longer. How many calories a day do you eat?

Hmboucher-Congratulations on your weight loss. I'm a little envious *LOL* I haven't had any appetite issues since week 5 or 6 so I have to be careful. My pouch is working just fine and a very small amount makes me feel full but I tend to eat softer foods so they pass through my pouch faster than something like solid meat would. Last week was the first time I was able to eat roasted chicken without major discomfort so maybe if I add this type of food back into my diet I might lose weight a bit faster because I will feel full longer. How many calories a day do you eat?
Hi Pat, I eat about 800-900 calories a day, I am never hungry which is okay to an extent, yogurt fresh fruit haddock shrimp and carnation instant breakfast sugar free is about what i live on. The dr has me doing 5-6mini 2oz meals since i struggle to eat. Happy to see your doing well also !!

Back