• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Strictures/ulcers

Shawnb77

ok so i went and complained cuz i had been throwing up for the past 3 months i go in and i have a stricture and an ulcer in my pouch making my hole less then 10 cm they dialated it but gosh this is not good i had been dealing with the pain but now of course my pouch achs i am so not happy with my RNY surgery alot of ppl ask if the dr did a endo first and im like no oh well i just have to deal with this has anyone else had this happen

Hi Shawn, That sounds like quite the ordeal, did they give you something for the ulcer and is there anything they can do to make your pouch opening any bigger now, I should think they can but I don't know? There are others here that have ulcers but I am not sure about the structure. Let us know how thing work our. Tom

Shawn-Hopefully your pouch pain will pass quickly and you can move forward. I'm sure you were given meds for your ulcer so things should improve from here. There have been a few people in this forum who have also had strictures so maybe some of them will see your post and offer some advice. Make sure you let us know how you are doing.

Back