• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery 1 month away!

Hi MLK, Wecome. I had the RnY nad it took about three weeks to start to feel ok and about 3 more before I was able to start getting lots of energy back, I have been told by friends with the sleeve that it is about half that time, but we are all different. It is normal to be scared and excited at the same time, you will probably go through about a dozen other emotions before your surgery date. Just hang in there, you'll do fine. :cool: Tom

Margaret-Welcome to the forum. Tom is "young stuff" *LOL* I'm at least 10 years older than him at 58 (next week). I was able to get around pretty good about 1week after surgery but it took me 3 months to start to get my energy back. At the end of 4 months I had energy to spare. If you work and have a desk job you will probably be able to return to work in 6 to 8 weeks, with lifting restrictions. A couple of people in this forum returned earlier and ended up going back on leave for a few more weeks. We are all different, don't push it. Your body will let you know when it's ready. It's critical to get enough sleep every night and to take naps when you feel tired.

Hi
Before I had my surgery I made a lot of puree foods & put them in ice trays. Then when the food was frozen I put them in ziplock bags.

When I'm not feeling well I don't like to cook. This way I just took a ice cube of food out & microwaved it. For 3 months that will be the size that you can eat.
Just thought I would pass that on.
Cathy

Back