• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery coming...one day

Sindyana

Hi, I am new. I will be having the sleeve surgery as soon as my insurance approves. Yes, I am SCARED. I have lost 25 lbs. since December. Hopefully the surgery will speed up the weight loss. I can use all the advise you are unselfish enough to provide. Thank you for accepting me in your group. I hope to be supportive to others as well. Thank you.

Hi, I am new. I will be having the sleeve surgery as soon as my insurance approves. Yes, I am SCARED. I have lost 25 lbs. since December. Hopefully the surgery will speed up the weight loss. I can use all the advise you are unselfish enough to provide. Thank you for accepting me in your group. I hope to be supportive to others as well. Thank you.

Hi Sindyana!

WELCOME to the Forum!!! We are so pleased you are joining us. :)

It's perfectly natural to be scared, we have all been there. Just be sure you have a great doctor who performs surgery at a great hospital and relax and let him take great care of you. :eek:

Cheyenne

I forgot to say you should have a Center of Excellence Bariatric Surgeon who practices at a Center of Excellence Hospital.

Cheyenne

Hello Sindyana, welcome to the forum, you will have many emotions on this journey just know that you are on your way to a healthier lifestyle. I was scared and excited at the same time, I am almost 2 years post op I had RNY surgery it's been a long rough road for me but I'm doing fine except for a little acid reflux but besides that I'm doing fine.

I agree find a top doctor who performs his surgery in a center of excellence hospital for bariatric surgery.

Welcome.

Come and post often.

We will help you through the process and answer any and all questions you may have.

Ralph

Welcome to the forum. I'm relativley new also. When I joined I didn't have a surgery date and some many questions? Now I have a surgery date and more questions. I have found many questions answered without asking. Somes cray right, but that is how this journey has been for me. Wish you the best and do find a center of excellence with a competent surgeon.

Welcome to the board! This is a great place to get advice, chat or unleash frustrations. The journey to surgery is a long one but so worth it. I am down 140+ lbs since starting my journey.

Best wishes

Babydoll, thank you so much for responding. I do so want to be healthy for my grandchildren. Congratulations on your continued success.

Welcome to the board! This is a great place to get advice, chat or unleash frustrations. The journey to surgery is a long one but so worth it. I am down 140+ lbs since starting my journey.

Best wishes
Thank you so much. Congratulations on your successful journey!

Welcome to the forum. I'm relativley new also. When I joined I didn't have a surgery date and some many questions? Now I have a surgery date and more questions. I have found many questions answered without asking. Somes cray right, but that is how this journey has been for me. Wish you the best and do find a center of excellence with a competent surgeon.
Good Luck & thank you!

Hi Sindyana, Welcome to the group ! Your weight loss is great and yes it will get a lot faster after surgery. It is normal to feel scared at this point, but as long as you have looked into everything and still want to have it done you are good to go. I don't know much about the sleeve procedure. I had a bypass. Others may be able to share some info with you about the sleeve. Good Luck and stay in touch. Jan:)

Best wishes

Wow congratulations! My surgery is August 18. Sorry I am so slow to respond but I will be on here alot more now that I have a date. I am down 56 pounds. Not bad before surgery.:)

Hi Sindyana, Welcome to the group ! Your weight loss is great and yes it will get a lot faster after surgery. It is normal to feel scared at this point, but as long as you have looked into everything and still want to have it done you are good to go. I don't know much about the sleeve procedure. I had a bypass. Others may be able to share some info with you about the sleeve. Good Luck and stay in touch. Jan:)

Jan thank you so much. :)

Back