• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery date moved - feeling disappointed!

dking3284

It's beem known for a while that my surgeon would be going away the first week of July. So my goal has been to have my surgery scheduled by the end pf June. When my therapist gave me clearance to go forward and I was then scheduled for July 1st. I was ecstatic to finally see a light at the end of what's been a loooooong tunnel. Then a week later I recieved a call from the scheduler that the surgeon is not comfortable doing my surgery two days before he leaves (in the event I could have complications) and they moved me to July 22nd. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement! I've waited so long already, so now to wait an additional three weeks sucks!

On the upside, I met with my surgeon this week to do a pre-op appointment and I've lost a total of 14lbs over the last couple of months. Hey, it's a start, right? I was mostly happy because I hadn't been trying to lose weight... just really adjusting my eating behaviors so that after I have surgery and lose the weight, I'll be able to keep it off.

Hi dking,

I am sure that was very disappointing! Another upside .... I am scheduled for July 22nd as well - we can keep track of each other. I think July 22nd will be a very good day.

My surgery is July 16th. As much as I dont want to wish summer away, I am REALLY ready to get to the middle of July!!

I think it's great that your surgeon is responsible enough to not want to leave you hanging. There's nothing worse than having surgery, then only see partners that you don't know come to see you because the doctor is "out of town". Congratulations on your weight loss--the mental part is probably 60--75% of the battle.

I know you are disappointed but I agree that your surgeon is being really responsible and trying to provide you with the best care. I would want my surgeon to be there "just in case". Sounds like you have a good group of people with which to convalesce and share notes. Good luck. It will be here before you know it.

Chin up dking! You're come this far and it will be here before you know. I feel your pain, I thought I was going to be early July myself and then insurance changes plus vacationing surgeon has put me out to 8/6. But it's all good! We'll all get to our day and be stronger for it. :) Nice work on the pre-op weight loss.

Back