• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

surgery for July 17!

jess1217

I can't believe my surgery is finally coming up this week, woohoo!!!!! I am sorry that I haven't kept up with this forum as faithfully as I should be doing, been really busy the past few months. The 17th is just around the corner and I am so excited! I will be having the gastric bipass, please everyone keep me in your thoughts and prayers!

XXOO
Jessica

Congratulations Jessica, I am excited for you:D You will be in my thoughts and prayers. If you get nervous or scared remember you can come here and vent at any time, we are all here for each other. :cool: Tom

Thanks Tom! I am soooo nervous, but excited at the same time. I have done two weeks on a liquid diet in preparation for this, and stuck to it well. Won't say it was easy all the time, though. lol. It's amazing how many emotions can run through me in the course of a day right now, it's just so close and I've been working toward this goal for a year now, and here it is, almost time!

I remeber how hard the liquid diet was, and the last 24 hours I was so anxious and scared I was, I couldn't even sleep but maybe 2 or 3 hours, it was a good thing I was one of the first surgeries of the morning. Hang in there these next 36 hours will go fast. :cool: Tom

Jess-WOW, Tuesday is just around the corner. All of the emotions you are feeling are perfectly normal, we all went through this. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Make sure to let us know how you are doing after surgery.

Congratulations Jess, This is a very exciting time for you, but I can relate to all of the emotions I went through the same thing and I think my second week on just liquids heightened my emotions because I was not allowed to eat solid foods and I got alittle delirious LOL!, But anyway congratulations again and I will be praying for a speedy recovery.

Yeah for you!! I haven't been on this site in months myself- but my date is July 30- so I try to take it one day at a time!! Figuring out what to eat is stressing me out!! Not a big meat eater!!! So I have been worse than the "grumpy cat"!!!! Hope all goes well and keep posting so those of us that aren't where you are yet can get an idea of what to expect!!! :eek:

Back