• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery in April

Wow, I didn't write that hyperlink in blue. All I did was enter the website URL and when it was posted, it converted to that sort of marketing ad thing. Believe me I would not do business with anyone online if their product were available in the store. That's because I use food stamps. But there are no online resources that accept food stamps. So I have to use some of my tiny income to buy stuff that's usually overpriced online. I know it is absolutely worth it because I've seen the nutritional proof and I've tasted it. I am using it right now and have been for the last couple weeks. That's why although I started reading this group at the end of February, and signed up formally around the 1st of March, I have already lost 10 of the 20 lbs I was complaining about in my first post to this group.

That is great. I need to make my husband order me some. Hopefully it comes fast have you heard of Powerful Drink. It is at walmart it is pretty healthy 20g protein, 10g carbs 160 calories, 9g sugar, 2.5g sat fat, 452mg of calcium. I like the coconut one.

Hi all! My surgery was yesterday and I have one more day in the hospital. The lap band was removed and I have a
Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. Where the port was from my lap band is where the most pain is, but getting out the air from my body cavity isn’t easy for me. It’s like sharp gas pains in my shoulders, abdomen, and sides. I also very excited about my new way of live that won’t be so focused on food, and get to shop for a new wardrobe in a smaller size!
Mama Bear, I hope your surgery date is soon and you can begin your journey. Thanks to all for support.
Kyle

Congrats you made it. Thanks My eval is set for the 11th and I am ready for this thing. I have read this book front to back everyday and went looking for different things and upped my steps. But my doctor said to call and let them know I have a date for the eval and that they want to know a date for the surgery and see if they can set a date.

MamaBear, I’m happy you will soon have a date. When you get it, please let us all know so we can send up prayers for your success and for your doctor’s steady hands.

I will. I am waiting for the office to open. But like normal I am up at 6 for the boys. So I by the time I get them to the bus and come back clean the dishes and cook me something to eat, it should be time for them to open

I want to ask with the clear liquid diet after surgery what was some of the favorite things you all drank. I have drank pure water for over a year now. So I don't go into store beside to grocery shop for the house. But I don't go down through the drinks because I used to drink only coke. I gave that up in 2015 and started to drink gatorade and green tea. Then in 2017 the doctors told me I need to drink pure water. I have stuck to nothing other then water and eating food. So I really don't know what drinks there is out there with the protein in it. I will try any suggestions to figure out what I like better. I just want to be ready for when the day comes that way I have it here ready and I don't have to send my husband out for it because he will get anything not thinking straight.
You can have your water but fo to the dollar store and get the powdered packages of real lemon, or lemonade raspberry or watermelon or real lime. They are really good and a change from regular plain water. Protien drinks are ok.i use to drink premier protien peaches and xream but they stopped making it. But protien shakes are good. But drink them cold. They taste better cold.
Green tea is good also. Word of advice dont try yo drink water or anything to past drink slow. ... i wish you all the best

MamaBear, I’m home and am on just water and Opitsource protein. I have a liquid diet for a while, but it doesn’t have to be clear. Every 15 minutes I drink 30cc of water and on the hour 30 cc of protein. I can also have strained soup or broth but haven’t started tried that yet, maybe tonight. Surprisingly it isn’t so hard to do. I don’t have an appetite, and the little bit of water and protein keep me satisfied for now. There are some clear liquid protein drinks, Isopure makes a few flavors and Premier Protein.
Nausea hit me this morning but was able to control it. The medication helped. It was a rather scary feeling. When you feel tired, sleep. I have dosed off several times during the day. I feel much better after a nap. I know you will go through this with flying colors! KC

Kcaudle they set my date for May 6th. I am doing my pysc eval on the 11th and hopefully they can get it there in time for it. I know my doctors are trying to do everything for this surgery even keep appointments free just incase I need to go in. They all are on board with this surgery. But now it is a rush and a wait at the same time. Because they want me to do the pysc and get the other blood work and ekg and all ready to go.

Kcaudle they set my date for May 6th. I am doing my pysc eval on the 11th and hopefully they can get it there in time for it. I know my doctors are trying to do everything for this surgery even keep appointments free just incase I need to go in. They all are on board with this surgery. But now it is a rush and a wait at the same time. Because they want me to do the pysc and get the other blood work and ekg and all ready to go.
Just trust that God will work it out. My psyc evaluation was back to the doctor in just a few days. It’s all going to work out for you. My whole process from first seeing my doctor to surgery was only about 5 weeks. It’s going to be great. I’m excited for you!

well this coming week is going to be crazy. The doctor want to check my burn to make sure it is healing perfectly fine. I have an appointment with my therapist and then the psyc eval and then my surgeon wants to see me after that. And that is just for me. That not including anything for the boys.

well this coming week is going to be crazy. The doctor want to check my burn to make sure it is healing perfectly fine. I have an appointment with my therapist and then the psyc eval and then my surgeon wants to see me after that. And that is just for me. That not including anything for the boys.
Trust the process MamaBear.

I am trying but my medicaid just sent me something about the psyc eval being denied. Saying that I can be treated without it.

Mama Bear your mentioning of your burn worries me. Didn't you get burned in the middle of March? This is almost the middle of April. Are you a slow healer? I've never had a burn that lasted longer than a week or ten days and I have had a couple of bad burns in my life.

it was pretty big. It is getting smaller and it is looking good but that is why I scheduled to go to the doctor to get it checked because I just wanted to make sure it was healing right. I usually not a slow healer. When they put the metal bar and screws in my arm when I broke it I was healed with in 3 weeks. They said it was the fastest healing with an incesion that size. it looks good just not fully healed yet This was about 2 weeks ago and that is a 1/4 smaller then it was when it first happened.

Attachments

• 20190324_124839.jpg
    20190324_124839.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 72
Back