• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery July 23

Hi Cat, I completely understand, I was so scared and nervous and the closer it got the more nervous I was, it is completely normal, you are going to have surgery and it will change the way you look at food but it will also give you the tools you need to be healthy and feel better. I am sure you have done like the rest of us and tried every diet imaginable and even trying to starve yourself at times losing some weight but only to gain it back and even then some at times. I know you did not come bt this descision lightly so try to rest assured you are doing this for you and your health. That being said I couldn't sleep a wink the night befor my surgery, I was so excited and scared and about a dozen other emotions. Hang in there and we are all here if you need to vent or chat. :cool: Tom

Cat-Like Tom said, it's OK to have the emotions you are feeling. My surgeon told me if I wasn't scared he would be concerned. Just before I was wheeled into the operating room I even asked the medical team in pre-op if it was too late to change my mind. On the day of surgery you will be so busy you won't have time to think about much and will probably be surprisingly relaxed.

Make sure you come back to the forum to let everyone know how you are doing.

cat45

Hi
Thank you very much for the encouragement. I have mixed emotion, like what Tom said is true, I'm doing this for my health. When you try all the diets possible & none of them working, well this look like the best tool that would help me the most.

I'm going to school too & I know the week of the surgery is going to be rough but with you guys there for me to vent I guess I will be fine.
Thank you all again,
Cathy:cool:

Cat45,

I"m so excited for you on your upcoming surgery!

I can totally understand all the emotions you are feeling right now.

I know that you will be great!

I will make a prayer for you!

All of this is for the ultimate goal of being healthy, active and happy!

:eek: Lisa

Surgery

Hi Lisa,
Thank you,

I could use all the prayers right now. I know it is the right thing to do but I had a ankle fusion last summer & I was out of work for 7mon. Surgery right now scares me.
Cathy

Is your surg on 07/23/12 or 08/08/12 - was confused by the heading on the post.
Anyway, I think it's really normal to be nervous about any surgery & this one as well.
You have to ask yourself; can & do I want to continue to live as I do today w/the issues I have and meds I take?
Can I improve this situation quickly & timely w/o this surgery?
Most people that have come this far need to lose enough wait to begin to become mobile quickly and reduce and minimize their other health issues.
It is scary because the decision to have or not have it is yours.
But I think if you've come this far you may already know the answer for you.

I found myself both nervous and excited the night before my surgery - sort of like the night before I got married.
Like marriage you're starting a brand new life that will change everything afterwards.

You've got a lot of life left & to live healthier, with less health issues and greater mobility & happiness as a possibility.
Know that you are NOT alone, your feelings are completely normal and shared by all.

While we all have so many things in life that are beyond our control, your health is something you now can do and do for you!
All of us wish you the best with your surgery, outcome, recovery and a happier, healthier life.

Blessings - Mary

Hi Mary,
I know what you are saying is true. I guess for a moment I was feeling sorry for myself, everything that I encountered in my life was a struggle. I know made it but nothing came easy. I hope my emotional state will be ok. That's why I'm on here too, to keep thinking positive.

I hate to plan meals, so I made beef stew, pototoes & carrots & I put them in a blender. Then I put them in ice cube trays.

Thanks again.
Cathy

You will be fine Cat, all the emotions you are having are normal because it is a life changing descision, just remember why you are doing this, for your health and to be around for all your loved ones. It is an emotional rollercoaster before and for a little bit after surgery but slowly things start to feel better and everything makes sense. We are all here for you. :cool: Tom

I understand your feelings. I'm getting extremely nervous. I'm currently waiting on my surgeon to call me with my surgery date. Let us know how you are post-op!

Tom your a great inspiration!!! I hadn't been on here in awhile but I got my surgery date finally July 30 and thanks for letting me know Im not crazy- oh wait I cant be- had to be tested!! lol!! By my emotions are all over the place!! Being female doesn't help and my poor husband and dogs!!!!

wow Cat 45 you are so lucky to have soooooo many comments- seem people on here choose the ones they want to respond to - well all the best to you!!

Back