• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery moved up....WOOHOO !

I was tentatively scheduled to have surgery the 3rd week in December. Due to the fact I teach school and we get 2 weeks off for the holiday. My bariatric co-ordinator emailed me yesterday to say that my surgery will be the first week in December (depending on surgeon's schedule). She just wanted to advise me of the 2 wk liquid pre-op diet that I'll have to do. This is really awesome news ! I am going to my first support meeting tonite and I am looking forward to meeting other ppl that have traveled this journey or getting prepared to.

Congratulations, I'm happy for you! I hope I can accomplish my 12 weeks of required visits and be shortly behind you! Keep us updated!! :)

I new to this as well, just wondering why the liquid diet before surgery? is it to clean out your stomach? Or is it required to loose weight before surgery? sorry about all these questions ,just wantig to find out as much as i can, thanks so much... :)

I new to this as well, just wondering why the liquid diet before surgery? is it to clean out your stomach? Or is it required to loose weight before surgery? sorry about all these questions ,just wantig to find out as much as i can, thanks so much... :)
Consider it a test of your commitment. Be thankful its not your first born.

There is fat around your liver and they want as much gone before surgery as possible. This helps make the surgery safer and lessons the risk of complications.

Back