• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

tales of the non scale victory

I just have to share with you some things that have happened as of late.

Yesterday I took a group of students to on a field trip to a university. In years past when walking from building to building I was lucky to keep up. NOT this year, the kids we begging me to slow down and accused me of jogging. Then when we went into the auditorium for the speech part I have to admit sitting in those little seats with the flip down desk scared me. I made a comment to a fellow teacher that I don't fit in those seats, she told me to shut up and sit down. Long story short I sat and get this I could put the desk down and have room to move around. I was almost screaming with joy but kept it together because it is so easy to embarrass middle school kids. We had a great time and I was able to keep up with the whole group all day. What a refreshing feeling. For the record I was jogging at one point, just because I can. Later I took the team to an all you can eat buffet and had fajita chicken which was awesome. Overall it was a great day.

Now scale victory
My weigh in isn't until next week but I peaked and I am at 228 which is 102 lbs dissolved. Go me

Happy days are here again

i have not had my surgery yet but i have lost 12 pounds and i can already tell because my ness feel better it don't compare to what you guys have lost but im sure i will get there soon :)

Good for you. It's so great to be able to be active and keep up with the crowd. Being overweight is almost a self-fulfilling prophesy--the more you weigh, the less you can move so that exercise becomes almost impossible.

I went to the Dr the other day with my husband,(his appointment), but I usually switch chairs with him, one has arms on it and the other doesn't, I didn't even think about it and sat down, a few minutes later my husband made a remark about me fitting comfortable in the arm chair, it felt good, and I was happy he said something, I didn't even think about it, it's the small things that make us happy

I went to the Dr the other day with my husband,(his appointment), but I usually switch chairs with him, one has arms on it and the other doesn't, I didn't even think about it and sat down, a few minutes later my husband made a remark about me fitting comfortable in the arm chair, it felt good, and I was happy he said something, I didn't even think about it, it's the small things that make us happy
That's right...It's the little things that matter and it's the baby steps, we take that's going to help us reach our goals. LOSING ONE POUND AT A TIME.
I'm proud of you... keep up the good work.

I just have to share with you some things that have happened as of late.

Yesterday I took a group of students to on a field trip to a university. In years past when walking from building to building I was lucky to keep up. NOT this year, the kids we begging me to slow down and accused me of jogging. Then when we went into the auditorium for the speech part I have to admit sitting in those little seats with the flip down desk scared me. I made a comment to a fellow teacher that I don't fit in those seats, she told me to shut up and sit down. Long story short I sat and get this I could put the desk down and have room to move around. I was almost screaming with joy but kept it together because it is so easy to embarrass middle school kids. We had a great time and I was able to keep up with the whole group all day. What a refreshing feeling. For the record I was jogging at one point, just because I can. Later I took the team to an all you can eat buffet and had fajita chicken which was awesome. Overall it was a great day.

Now scale victory
My weigh in isn't until next week but I peaked and I am at 228 which is 102 lbs dissolved. Go me

Happy days are here again

That is Great!!!
You have just confirmed that there is no greater Feeling than Looking Good and Feeling Good.

I'm proud of you

Hi Tracy
How are you doing these days? I hope all is well...

Hi Tracy
How are you doing these days? I hope all is well...
I'm am doing great, loving my new look, but still pushing forward, I still have a little over 40 more lbs to go, just went shopping yesterday for some tops and much needed bras, it is great to fit into a large, if my arm wings wouldn't be so big I could go smaller but still happy,. How are you doing???

I just got back from my vacation. It was wonderful not having to get a seatbelt extender. I was always so embarrassed to get one.

I'm am doing great, loving my new look, but still pushing forward, I still have a little over 40 more lbs to go, just went shopping yesterday for some tops and much needed bras, it is great to fit into a large, if my arm wings wouldn't be so big I could go smaller but still happy,. How are you doing???
We are in the process of moving. Cleaned out my closets; almost bare compared to stuffed full. In the process of cleaning out dresser. Down to 2XL shirts from 4XL. Used to baggy, so getting used to more form fitting t shirts.

You are doing so awesome. I am proud of you.

Wow, that is great, I can't wait to get on a plane in Aug and feel comfortable, how did the meals go, did they tempt you or were you okay
I ended up not eating a lot because I made myself sick with the stupid sodas. I was craving caffeine because I only slept 10 hrs in 6 nights. Dumping was not my friend. Where are you going in August?

We are in the process of moving. Cleaned out my closets; almost bare compared to stuffed full. In the process of cleaning out dresser. Down to 2XL shirts from 4XL. Used to baggy, so getting used to more form fitting t shirts.
I started cleaning out my closet this morning with my shirts, already got rid of the pants, but then my husband ask why we didn't buy the baker's rack we saw at the outlets yesterday, I didn't know it was an option or I would have said let's buy it, so now we are driving 2 hours back to the outlets to get it, plus I picked up a pair of 16 shorts instead of a 10 yesterday so I have to take them back and exchange them, shopping much more fun than cleaning out the closet

I ended up not eating a lot because I made myself sick with the stupid sodas. I was craving caffeine because I only slept 10 hrs in 6 nights. Dumping was not my friend. Where are you going in August?
We are going to Florida and then the Bahamas, looking forward to it, the summer is going to drag, but more time to lose more weight lol, I'm sorry you got sick on your trip, but that is how we learn

I started cleaning out my closet this morning with my shirts, already got rid of the pants, but then my husband ask why we didn't buy the baker's rack we saw at the outlets yesterday, I didn't know it was an option or I would have said let's buy it, so now we are driving 2 hours back to the outlets to get it, plus I picked up a pair of 16 shorts instead of a 10 yesterday so I have to take them back and exchange them, shopping much more fun than cleaning out the closet
Shopping is much more fun than anything!!! We are going this afternoon to look for area rugs. The house is all laminate wood flooring and has a very high ceiling so there is a bad echo. Have fun shopping!!!

Shopping is much more fun than anything!!! We are going this afternoon to look for area rugs. The house is all laminate wood flooring and has a very high ceiling so there is a bad echo. Have fun shopping!!!
I hope you found the perfect rug for your new house, shopping is addictive, much better choice than food

I hope you found the perfect rug for your new house, shopping is addictive, much better choice than food
We found a couple of rugs, but hubby is positive he can get similar rugs for less expensive online. Ughhh men!!! Ended up getting a shopping cart crammed full of other household stuff. Mainly for daughter's room and bath. How did your shopping go?

Back