• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

The cat died today

Yay, you, indeed! I dunno if I'd have made it. Congratulations and KUDOS to you, Karenina, that you did.

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your cat. Tomorrow is another day. Sometimes, that is the single thing I am most grateful for!

Karenina-So sorry to hear about your cat. My parakeet died Monday night and if I had cake in the house I would definately have eaten some of it.

Pat, I'm so sorry to hear about your parakeet. But I'm impressed with you! You'd have eaten only some of it?! (Tools are good things, yes?) Good thing there wasn't any in the house, then.

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your parakeet.

You and Karenina are inspiring even in your losses.

Qaterra-Thank you. And yes, I would have eaten just a couple bites of cake if I had it. No sense making myself sick with dumping syndrome.

Karenina and Pat99: I too am very sorry over the lost of your pets,but congrats that you didn't turn to food because of it. Keep up the good work Proud of you both for hanging in there. Have a great day. P_Powell:D

Karenina so sorry about your cat!!! Good job for not eating through it and Pat sorry about your birdie and also great job not eating over it!

Karenina-So sorry to hear about your cat. My parakeet died Monday night and if I had cake in the house I would definately have eaten some of it.
What is it about food that we can't get it out of our head? I mean, its good and enjoyable and everything, but it's really just a tool to keep us alive. Sometime I think I'd like to go back to prehistoric days when the only thing in the refrigerator was a mastadon leg. No choices!

Karen-I think food is a source of comfort for almost everyone. Refrigeration in prehistoric times??? *LOL*

So sorry to hear about the loss of your pets. They are such a great source of love and comfort. Turning to food, which is something I am sure we all have done, in the end doesn't change anything and only makes us feel worse. Going through the feeling is the part of life I know I tried to avoid in many different ways. Finding new ways to comfort ourselves is the challenge. Sometimes it is right to feel sad and not do anything about it until we don't. Just my humble opinion.

Karenina and Pat I am sorry to hear about the loss of your cat and parakeet, our pets are part of the family, I know they wil be missed by all. Not woth bing eating or dumping over though. Take care. Tom

Thanks to everyone who gave condolences for my parakeet. The little guy was only 4 years old. Since I got him just before the last presidential election I named him Barack *LOL* When I picked him out at the pet store I was able to stick my hands in the "tank" all the parakeets were in. He was very friendly and didn't run away from me and he didn't try to bite me. I think the pet store worker ended up grabbing the wrong bird because after I brought him home it was an entirely different story. Couldn't go near the litter bugger without getting bit, and I mean hard. I had to shake him off of me and on occasion he actually drew blood. Sometimes he would dive bomb my hand when I would give him seeds and water *LOL* Anyway, he chatted up a storm and was good company despite his agressive personality and I miss him very much.

I've been looking at my local animal shelters websites. Sometimes they have birds up for adoption, they are usually freebies. Maybe I will find a parakeet or 2 or if I'm real lucky, a quaker parrot :) :) I had a sunconure for 14 years (a friend gave her to me) but they can get very screechy sometimes. Mine was super friendly and never ever bit me :) We played all the time and I trained her to do some really cool tricks. She liked to sit under a gentle stream of warm water in the bathroom sink. She even said a few words when she was younger but stopped when she started to lay eggs :(

Birds can be real boogers once in a while. My mom had a nanyae conure for 15 or 16 years until she passed away, she also had about a half dozen cats and a couple cockatiels or parakeets I think, we had to find homes for them, some of her friends stepped up to the cause and took them in. Her parrot was a real cool bird but it hated me and my brother, we used to tease it when we were kids and well lets jsut say a parrot really knows how to hold a grudge, and they bite hard, but my mom loved that parrot and the parrot loved her, he would ride around everywhere on her shoulder it was so cute:cool:

What is it about food that we can't get it out of our head? I mean, its good and enjoyable and everything, but it's really just a tool to keep us alive. Sometime I think I'd like to go back to prehistoric days when the only thing in the refrigerator was a mastadon leg. No choices!

Uh, Pat, Fred and Wilma Flintstone had a refrigerator.....

Birds can be real boogers once in a while. My mom had a nanyae conure for 15 or 16 years until she passed away, she also had about a half dozen cats and a couple cockatiels or parakeets I think, we had to find homes for them, some of her friends stepped up to the cause and took them in. Her parrot was a real cool bird but it hated me and my brother, we used to tease it when we were kids and well lets jsut say a parrot really knows how to hold a grudge, and they bite hard, but my mom loved that parrot and the parrot loved her, he would ride around everywhere on her shoulder it was so cute:cool:
My roommate has a parrot. He really seems to understand what you are saying. My favorite is when he bites you, then says IN YOUR OWN VOICE 'Ouch, that hurt!'

Back