• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

things that you don't think about

Funny yet odd story here. Sure everyone knows as you loose weight your cloths will get to big and your shoe size can change: bet you didn't know glasses can get to be to big. Yes I am in shock my face is shrinking and my glasses will not stay on. What the heck that was not expected. Now I am not griping because losing the weight is to much fun. To date I am down 141 lbs from a size 30 to a size 9/10. Loving wearing cloths found in the average size person department I just never imagined that my glasses would fall off. Looks like it is time for a trip to the eye dr for a new pair of spectacles.

Anyone notice any other changes they were not expecting?:eek:

Funny yet odd story here. Sure everyone knows as you loose weight your cloths will get to big and your shoe size can change: bet you didn't know glasses can get to be to big. Yes I am in shock my face is shrinking and my glasses will not stay on. What the heck that was not expected. Now I am not griping because losing the weight is to much fun. To date I am down 141 lbs from a size 30 to a size 9/10. Loving wearing cloths found in the average size person department I just never imagined that my glasses would fall off. Looks like it is time for a trip to the eye dr for a new pair of spectacles.

Oh yes!

Isn't if funny. I have a wonderful Fedora hat. It sat on top of my head just fine. Lately, it slides all the way down to just over my eyebrows!

Remember Red Skelton? He had hats that came down over his head when he played some of the characters he invented on his show.

It is funny.

Yes, my shoes are loose too.

Glasses haven't fallen off yet. I better watch out for that.

Ralph

Funny yet odd story here. Sure everyone knows:) as you loose weight your cloths will get to big and your shoe size can change: bet you didn't know glasses can get to be to big. Yes I am in shock my face is shrinking and my glasses will not stay on. What the heck that was not expected. Now I am not griping because losing the weight is to much fun. To date I am down 141 lbs from a size 30 to a size 9/10. Loving wearing cloths found in the average size person department I just never imagined that my glasses would fall off. Looks like it is time for a trip to the eye dr for a new pair of spectacles.

At my heaviest I had a CT scan and it was a real tight fit. I had another CT scan a couple days ago and no one was asking how much I weighed etc and I had all kinds of room. I was treated like a regular normal person. It was a really great feeling and felt better than I even expected. I still have a long way to go but even now everything is so much better. :cool:

wow, now i have even more to look forward to :) as for my glasses, they are tight at this moment.
still waiting to hear from cleveland clinic. this waiting is driving me crazy :p i so wish that they would call me to schedule the psych evaluation already. question, should i call them to schedule? or do i just sit and wait and wait??
thanks, friends.

My sunglasses kept falling off especially when i would put them on the top of my head, they finally fell off on a sidewalk and broke. Never thought about the weight lose on my head, lol. My cheeks and chin has slimmed down just didnt connect the other.

wow, now i have even more to look forward to :) as for my glasses, they are tight at this moment.
still waiting to hear from cleveland clinic. this waiting is driving me crazy :p i so wish that they would call me to schedule the psych evaluation already. question, should i call them to schedule? or do i just sit and wait and wait??
thanks, friends.

Call and ask for status update.

thanks, friends.

Yep I agree with Ralph, call them. Tell them you want to schedule your appointment because you have other things going on and you may miss their call.

Cheyenne

Wow I never thought of that so I too will have to watch out for my glasses lol. Glad you are doing so well. Keep up the excellent work. As for myself I go see my surgeon tomorrow for my one month follow up appt. I have a few questions for him.

TillieS

Wow I never thought of that so I too will have to watch out for my glasses lol. Glad you are doing so well. Keep up the excellent work. As for myself I go see my surgeon tomorrow for my one month follow up appt. I have a few questions for him.

TillieS

Looks like you are doing great with your weight loss Tillie. :) Keep up the good work!

Cheyenne

jduffy

Call them
I called everyone and scheduled multiple test and visits for the same day to avoid missing work. In the end it showed I was determined to get things moving and sped up the process. Good luck!

I agree with the others don't wait on anyone you have to get the ball rolling because time can get away from u. If u are ready then make all of your necessary appointments.

What a journey! I did not think about my sunglasses, but they do fall off! Funny! :rolleyes: It is such a strange new world. I am finally feeling more 'normal' with it. No regrets at all, and thanking God for this opportunity! Blessings to you all!!! T.

What a journey! I did not think about my sunglasses, but they do fall off! Funny! :rolleyes: It is such a strange new world. I am finally feeling more 'normal' with it. No regrets at all, and thanking God for this opportunity! Blessings to you all!!! T.

I am wearing my "small suit" right now. It has quite a bit of room in it. Almost time to buy another suit.

Shoe size is definitely getting smaller. Shoes are fitting more comfortably. I used to be a 10 1/2 4E. Now I am a 10 Wide or 4E.

I also need to go to the shoemaker and have several of my belts resized. I have one belt that now has 11 holes in it. The last 4 or 5 as a result of recent weight loss.

Ralph

Hi Cal, love your post! One thing I didn't expect was that I fit between my bureau and the wall when I never did before! I knew it was coming but didn't expect it so soon ! Great job with your weight loss !

Happy change
While watching tv with the hubby I realized we can now share a recliner and chill. We haven't sat in the same chair for over 20 years. The thing is 140+ lbs ago I wasn't real comfortable sitting in that chair by myself. Bam snuggle time is back.

Don't laugh but I can fit in my car trunk. Yes while cleaning out the car I got up in the trunk to get all the old stuff out. I was able to to crawl in there vacuum and get back out.

Children's slide I was able to take my 1 year old grandson down a slide. Happy Grandson Happy Grandma

ahhh it is the little things in life that make it worth living.

Back