• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Thirsty

BamaBaby

I get so thirsty, and can't seem to satisfy it. Any help would be appreciated. Not a diabetic anymore, numbers are way good. Thanks for your help. I am also dealing with a kidney stone. Could that have anything to do with it?

Hi BamaBaby, first let me say congrats on the weight loss, you're doing great. As for being thirsty all the time, that's a puzzler. I am to the point of being waterlogged. :D Are you getting in all your liquids during the day? Also are you taking in lots of salt in your food? Too much salt can make you thirsty. What kinds of liquids are you drinking? If this is an ongoing issue and you're getting your 64 fl oz of liquids, then you may want to call your Doc and see what they say. Let me know what you find out. Keep up the good work and you'll be a big loser.

:cool:

I drink water and decaf ice tea. I'm up to about 80 oz now. My salt level is low that I take in. Waiting on a call back from the Dr's office. I'll let you know what they say. thanks for answering me. And, you too, are doing Great !!! You loser, you. LOL Thanks again.

I hope you've gotten an answer for your question about being thirsty. For me, I have days that are worse than others. I honestly think it's the office I work in. It's so dry here that I've noticed that makes me want to drink more. Could that be a part of your thirst? Good luck and thanks for all the helpful posts you've had on here! :)

Dr. thinks it might be the salty air down here. I'm spending more time outside and I have the windows open alot. my blood work came back fine. So, I think I will just keep drinking. LOL Thanks for everyone's input to help me out.

BambaBaby my son just went through with the "kidney stone" thing the antibiotic "cipro' is what they gave him and dr told him to drink lots of water to help flush out the kidney stone, your antibiotic might be causing un-quenchable thirst, sugar levels can get off level and cause us to want more water, even if they say we're not diabetic anymore.dr told my son no more tea or diet soda she said they can cause calcium deposits, he has been flushing his kidneys out since Valentines day and he feels 100% better already. will have more test tomorrow to make sure kidney stones are gone. let us know what the dr tells you. hope you feel better soon
Donna

Back