• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

This seemed the best place for this question...

I have not had my surgery yet, its getting close tho. What I was wondering is what most of you got for pain management at home? I have had several other surgeries and with each I didn't feel like I was scribed strong enough, nor enough quantity to adequately manage the pain and I am a little worried about this one. Perhaps I'm just a big baby haha. What did y'all get scribed and did it seem to be effective enough and last long enough?

I was given liquid vicodin to take at home. I was also asked if I needed a refill during my first post op visit. It was also given to me during my 4 day hospital stay and seemed to work quite well. It tastes nasty but worked OK.

I cant remember what they gave me but it was a non opiate pain reliever, all the opiate based stuff makes me sick, but what ever they gave me worked fine, I had about 7 days worth of liquid pain meds. If you need more just talk with you doctors about it. I also have a low tolerance for pain but I felt ok after about a week. :cool: Tom

well now im pissed .. i didnt get any liquid meds my deoc gave me a no narcotic pill .. boo well i guess being an addicted why would he huh?:?? oh well for me ive had 4 c sections and my pain was very minamul untill they pulled out that dam tube from my gut .. then i mostly felt sore so i really didnt even take the pills they gave me booooo but thats just me

Back