• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Tired

AngeeBaby94

Hello,

I am so tired.....I am taking all of my vitamins, iron, all they recommend.....but I also went back on my anti depressant.....wondering if that is why I am so tired? Maybe I dont need them anymore?? I am one month out and I am sick of sleeping....not just a lil sleep I am talking 14 hours when my life permits (like weekends)! My husband worries about me, and when I sleep that much I am not eating right, right? My doc is 100 miles away, and I see him again in 2 weeks for my 6 week check up.....should I continue this path til I see him, or should I see someone in town here now? Anyone else on anti depressants and do they make you feel like this? I have been on them all my life....but just wondering if my chemical imbalance has been fixed with this surgery or the possibly the pills do different things since my stomach is so small??? hmmmmm?? Thanks to anyone who has any ideas!

Question?

How much exercise are you getting? Exercise will help bring up your energy level. Try staying evolved in activities you enjoy a pinch of prevention worth a pound of cure.

cheers

Angee, Excercise does help increase your energy levels along with eating right. You did say this started after going back on Anti-depressant meds, I strongly urge you to check with your Local Doctor immediately. I would not wait.

Frank

:cool:

I'm on prozac, but still presurgery. I'd see a doctor in town right now, if I were you. Ask around, if you can, some doctors have no experience with wls patients, or none on anti-depressant meds, so call your local clinic and ask to see a doctor with these experiences. The folks there will know whom to recommend. Your surgeon won't be offended if you check this out now. He/she will be glad to know you're paying attention and committed to your own best outcome. That makes everyone's role in your health care easier. Good luck!

Your body might be metabolizing things differently now. I would check with your treatment providers to ensure your dose is correct. I would not recommend you stop taking your medications abruptly as this should be done under the care of a doctor. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Back