• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Tomorrow is the day!

Surgery is tomorrow morning at 7:30am! I am freaking out and starving. All clear liquids today. Should there not be a bowel prep or anything? I ate up until yesterday. So nervous!

I am right there with you, mine is thursday. I do have a bowel prep. half a bottle of mag citrate at 3p and the rest at 7p.

I called my surgeons office to make sure there was no bowel prep! Just clear liquids today and thats it. So nervous! How are you feeling?!

i was good yesterday, today getting nervous, tomorrow i expect to be where you are!! I am starving, and I didnt follow my preop diet to the letter so I am also afraid my liver wont have shrunk enough. but I did lose 9 pounds in the last couple of weeks so I hope all goes well. I will certainly be thinking and praying for you

Great job on the weight loss! I couldn't imagine doing a liquid diet for two weeks. It probably is good though because it gets you ready. I am starving today because I can't have full liquids, just clears!

Good luck to both of you on surgeries. I had mine on Wednesday the 17th. I was on the liquid only diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery, so I know how you feel. I haven't had a bite of "real" food since Oct 2nd. Every time it gets hard, I just picture me at my target weight and how good it will feel. You guys can do it. Just reach out whenever you feel the need. We are here.

Last edited:
Jamie-I was not required to do a bowel prep. If you weren't told to do so then don't do it. Hang in there, everything will be OK. It's normal to be nervous and even apprehensive. Once you check into the hospital in the morning you will be so busy you won't have much time to fret over anything. In the event you feel super anxious ask the pre-op nurse assigned to you if you can have your sedative early, they usually comply.

Thank you all for sharing your feelings. Plus....The very best to all of you who are in the close range of having your surgery.
I will be waiting to here all about your experiences.

Good luck to all of you. Can't speak to the bowel prep as I had a different surgery and didn't need one. I also only had to be on clear liquids 1 day. It is all worth it. You are not going to be hungry after the surgery so this is only temporary. Sending postivie healing vibes your way.

Back