• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Tomorrow

bobbi

It is finally here, I am having surgery at 7am tomorrow morning June 13th. I'm excited but scared a little. I am seventy years old. I've been through lot's of surgeries in my life, but this one feels so different. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Good luck tomorrow Bobbi!!! I'll be thinking of you, post when you can after you get home and let us know how things are going :cool:

Bobbi-Today is the 15th and I hope all is well with you. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Please write when you can so your forum family knows how you are doing.

Good

Hi To Everyone,
Surgery was the 13th, I had the full by-pass. Medicare only pays for the band or by-pass. I was worried about the extra attention the band needs so I went all the way. I had the hy hernia and tons of scar tissue from open heart surgery in 03 and 3 trips into gallbladder incision in 83, surgery went well. After the ball they hang around your neck with the medication that sprays numming stuff was empty everything was a piece of cake. After the pain was a little difficult. I had a sore throat before surgery, I checked google said no temp no problem, so I didn't say anything, after surgery with the tube down throat my sore throat has been worse. Went to the doctor yesterday and she gave me medicine. This morning no voice. Have a call into her. Feel good already down 21lbs from a week before surgery.
Where's spell check, sorry for my terrible spelling. Surgeon gave me the go ahead to get back in the pool and curves, let my body tell me if it is ok.
Good luck brainless, jameson, Pat, hyboucher and shannon. Surgery is easy of course some pain, but look to the future. Let's keep in touch for our journey to good health and good health to you young ones. I'm 70 everyone tells me I am going to get all wrinkled, I did joke all the time my smooth skin was from the fat basting. Being able to tie my shoes will be great enough
Love to you all
Bobbi

Hi Bobbi, glad to hear that everything went well. I can't wait for my big day,,,just around the corner now. Keep us updated on your progress

[B[/B]Bobbi, glad to know you are on the "other side". I too am over 60, and had thought that maybe I was too old, but I guess not!

Back